Another diet that won't work?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  lalalauren 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Hi, I’m a newbie and on my second week of 4:3. Struggling with the fluctuations! I’ve always had a problem with my weight and have yo-yo’d for years! I lost 62lbs on Lighter Life a few years ago and have put on about a stone and a half which I am desperate to loose. My first week on the diet saw me shed 6lbs which I was beyond delighted with- however having woken up and gained 2 I am back to feeling apprehensive that this is going to work for me. Has anyone else had this experience whilst being on this diet? I am a healthy eater and try and stick to a sensible diet on non-fast days too- my friends always wonder how I manage to gain on what I eat and drink!!!

Hi crocette. I’m in week 2 too. And have noticed I can differ a pound or three between going to bed and getting up! My tactic will be to only note the overall loss/gain at the end of the fast week (eg Friday am). In the meantime, I’m remembering the medical reasons for this too. And that this is “what I do now”, so the weight loss is a bonus that will come.

I’m probably being very impatient but am desperate to find a solution to my maintaining/loosing weight problem. I don’t suppose being 48 helps matters either! I will stick with it as I’m not gaining- which is a bonus! Have to say I found LL easier as you don’t have to think about how to make up 500 cals- but determined to make this my way of life and not live off food packs forever! Thanks for the advice!

14 weeks in 7 kilos down.
    Has it been a smooth drop, no – but if I’m honest the weeks that I have gained or only lost a small amount are the weeks that I have been more relaxed than wise on my normal days.

Keep a record of your weight once a week and plot a graph over time, when I stopped and did that for myself I was a lot happier seeing that line mostly going down. Also keep taking your measurement for main areas of the body – bust, waist, hips another set of numbers to watch getting smaller.

Having been on the diet now for a while I tend not to calculate out the exact calories on my fast days just eat generally around what I know would be my 500 cals. This would have to be one of the simplest diets that I have ever done.

Hi Crocette I have been on countless diets, a fortune spent to no avail. BUT this is a different way of eating, of living–you lost an amazing amount to begin with but maybe most was water. For me I have steadily lost a couple of lbs a week. and as ghostgirl said its seeing that scale going steadily down.
    For me the best thing was to read the book to understand the science behind fasting and to see the difference between speedy weight loss programmes(then rebound gain) and this eating plan that is more than just weight loss.

You will find lots of support on this forum and like your attitude ‘at least I’m not gaining’
    and BTW there’s lots of us in our 60’s plus with a whole range of medical issues and yet slowly we succeed. For me I have hypothroidism but the weight is moving.
    all the very best. and highly recommend reading the book.

Thanks so much for all your replies- it’s definitely a motivator! I guess I need to learn patience! I do feel a lot better already (even though I’ve only lost a little bit) and will endeavour. This forum rocks!

in my experience (and i am new to 5:2 but not to fasting, or dieting!) weight can fluctuate by 2 lbs easily just from the fullness or emptiness of your colon, the amount of water being stored there, etc. often on a juice fast or similar, you ‘lose’ 2-5 lbs in a day or two. now, that’s not body fat, it’s the contents of your digestive system going down the toilet 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.