AFD #3

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Carla 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Good Morning Fellow Fasters!

Today starts my third fast day…in the Alternating Day” approach. It still amazes me that instead of being ravenous after a fast day I actually feel more energized. Does this seem to be the norm? Also stunned at the whole calorie count when I look at what I was “normally consuming” compared with the 500 count days. Am also counting (for a while) on my non-fast days just to get a good grasp on how many I actually am consuming…and try to reset my dismal eating habits.

Breakfast consisted of

1/2 Pink Grapefruit- 52 cal
    1 Medium sized egg- 70 cal
    1/2 slice toast- 35 cal
    1 teaspoon rasp. jam 22 cal

for a total of 179 cal

I am finding (like Melons) that if I eat lunch (usually at 1) it seems to stimulate my appetite and then I want to graze. On Fast Days I am going to either skip lunch altogether…or grab a cup of yogurt…and use the rest of my calories for the day later.

So here’s to us!

Oh and terribly sorry about us “yanks” prattling on about the 4th. Like all US Holidays it has turned into an Eating Fest and a landmine for dieters. You guys aren’t still snakey about that whole “colonies” thing???? At the rate it is going in The States we might be coming back to the fold before long.

Carla, I’m not snakey about the whole ‘colonies’ thing – at least I think I’m not, if ‘snakey’ means having a hissy fit or ‘spitting tacks’, as we Brits might say. Have a great 4th of July!

Back for a moment this evening…looks like despite my good start this morning I’m managing to go over by a few. Did get both of my workouts in 🙂

Had yogurt for lunch 90 cal,
    and a granola bar (the culprit) 100 cal.

Fixed 10 cold boiled prawns to peel for dinner 100
    and a mixed green salad with lemon 20
    Water with Lemon 0

But know I will have Pim’s and tea before bed…that extra 100. I’ve had biscuits (cookies) and tea for years before sleeping. And read a chapter, Very relaxing! Sleep straight through until the songbirds and morning light through the window wake me. Retired…so no nasty alarms.

So todays total will be 589.

Not the end of the world…but I may have to abstain from eating anything on the fast days in the afternoons. It seems like I am fine unless I eat something…and then I want more…not sure why. Does this just come with the diet?

Still nearly 600 is a far cry from what I usually would have eaten in a day. Since Thursday is our holiday I am contemplating sticking to 500 tomorrow in case I overindulge on the 4th. Or maybe SO I can overindulge on the 4th…truth be told…lol! And then “fast” Friday after the holiday…which actually sounds good!

Realizing the varied textures may be what I am wanting. May try the kale crisps recipe.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.