A Newbie

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Couscous 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Okay so I am a Newbie to this Diet and I started reading the book BUT my other half packed it away because we are moving. So I was wondering if someone could help.
    I am starting my fasting day tomorrow and I wondered what the recommended amount of hours is to fast?
    I was going to (For now) Stop eating at 23:00 this evening (Im working nights this week) and wasn’t going to eat again until about 15:00 tomorrow – Is that enough?? I was then going to have my 500 Cals over the next couple of hours (Im a nibberler rather than a big meal eater) Then stop again by 23:00 and do the same again on Wednesday……….Does this sound about right??

Sorry Im not to good at this 🙂 Help would be very much appreciated,

Thanks,

Di

Hi 2003 and welcome. According to Michael, and many posters, the ideal fasting period is 36 hrs where you eat your 500 cals within this time. So given your last meal at 23.00 this evening you can “break your fast” at 11.00 hrs on Wednesday morning. This time period is accepted by many as being the most effective length of time to allow your body to gain the benefits of fasting. So between the time periods given you eat your 500 cals. At 11.00 hrs on Wed. you eat normally until your next designated fast day when you repeat the above. Remember we are all different and working nights can make it more difficult for you. If nights means you can only manage 24 hr fasts then do not beat yourself up. On your other weeks try for the 36 hrs. Click on the links on the top right of the page, you will find answers to many of your questions. Remember to ask any questions you like on this forum we all respect each other and will give support and ideas. As an example I had my last meal Sunday evening around 10.00 pm. I have had my 600 cals today, my main meal at 6.15 pm of aprox 400 cals, lunch at 12.00 was 200 cals. My next meal will be Tuesday morning at 10.00am when I will resume eating normally until my next fast day.
    Good luck and keep us informed of your progress.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.