A matter of Life and Death

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Quimber 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Hello:
    I’ve been doing the 5:2 fast for 6 weeks. Lost 10 lbs. I eat nothing at all each Tues. and Thurs. Seems to work for me. I hope I can keep this up. I need to lose another 20 lbs. or my blood pressure will get the best of me and will probably develop type 2 diabetes like others in my family. I am very encouraged by how relatively easy this has been up to this point. Glad to see so many others doing the Fast Diet.

Welcome Quimber and congratulations on your weight loss. You will find great support from posters on this site. Keep us updated with your progress if you want to and ask questions if you feel the need.
    Good luck.

Congrats Quimber!!! A third of your way there, how exciting!!!! Keep it up and be sure to post more progress updates 🙂

Hi, I’ll bet you CAN keep it up! if you start having difficulty with not eating at all, you can always add some low cal. foods and keep going.

I know what you mean about family history. I’m trying to not follow the family tradition myself. 🙂 good luck and continued success. keep us posted OK?

A brilliant start! You’re a better person than I’ll ever be, Quimber. I couldn’t do the 2 days total fasting, it’s sometimes bad enough sticking to 500 cal on fast days.
    I know exactly what you and MountainMyst mean about family history. OK, I should weigh considerably less – I’m working on that with moderate success – but I have escaped my parents’ type 2 diabetes and serious heart problems.
    Keep up the good work.

Congrats Quimber! I could never do a total fast, but if it works for you, hey go for it!

Today is my first fast day. So far, so good.

Thank you for the welcome Couscous and everyone! Fasting an entire day seems relatively easy for me compared to curbing my apetite when I break the fast the next day. After I come off a fast day I want to eat everything in sight. This may be because I don’t have a 500 cal. meal on fast day or because my body is so used to being “stuffed” with food that I crave the well satiated feeling when I do eat. I haven’t been at it very long so the Fast Diet is a work in progress, I may have to tweak it to find what works for me. It has helped me to understand my eating habits better and focus on why I eat so much when I do eat. So far I am very happy with my progress and how it makes me feel better mentally and physically.

Keep at it Sherfrombklyn. I think you will be very pleased with the result after a few weeks. After trying several other diets I feel like a light has turned on for me with this one.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.