7 weeks in. Last 2 weeks my weight has evened out. Any advice

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
7 weeks in. Last 2 weeks my weight has evened out. Any advice

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  annette52 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hello fellow fasters,

I came across the Fast Diet on Chinese TV for the first time 7 weeks ago. I was a bit slow on the uptake, having missed the BBC Horizon programme last year! I’ve always been a fan of Michael Mosley, the BBC and it’s science programming and this programme was a revelation for my husband and I. We were hooked immediately and decided to try it.

We are living in China so obviously the food is different here and the things we enjoy to eat are harder to come by. I have never dieted before. I’m 35 years old, 5″ 1′, and usually weigh about 59/60kg, wearing about a size 12. In my teens and early 20s I was no more than a size 8. My husband reminded me that in my early 20’s when we first met I weighed 41kg!

I wouldn’t consider myself overweight – more on the high side of what I should be BMI and weight wise, but I have a rare slow motor neurone disease which causes muscle wastage, and over the last number of years as exercise has become more difficult my weight has really increased. It has been depressing and frustrating. I tend to put it on around my stomach area, chest and upper arms and in the thigh area – that sounds like everywhere doesn’t it!!!. My health is very good right now. My condition seems stable and I’m not receiving any treatment.

My husband and I are now 7 weeks into the 5:2 diet and I’m amazed at how surprisingly easy it has been. At starting the diet my weight was 60.3kg and today I am 56.9. I’d like to get to 50kg if possible, but I’ve noticed that in the last 2 weeks my weight has been static, not decreasing week on week. Any advice welcome. I stick very carefully to 500 calories Mondays and Tuesdays and eat normally very other day of the week. I don’t deny myself the odd packet of crisps, piece of chocolate or cake – especially at the weekends. Can I eat normally 5 days of the week even including treats, whilst reducing my calories to 500 two days a week and still continue to lose weight?

It is not unusual to reach a plateau, but you will need less calories on non fast days just to maintain your weight, as you have lost weight. If you use the TDEE calculator on this site you will find out what that figure is based on your level personal activity. It is very clear and simple to use.
    I found that when I reached a plateau, not only was I eating calorie dense food(which was why I was fat in the first place) but that it was also the amounts.
    I became more aware of what I was consuming after writing down everything for 1 week and then calculating the calories.I also changed the exercise that I was taking which seemed to help.
    To lose weight, less calories need to be consumed.Fast days seem to help many people to eat less on non fast days.Yes you can eat what you like, but not however much you like, in order to still lose weight.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.