6th week in

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  tickatape 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi from Seattle, Washington. (that’s the other Washington, in the Pacific Northwest)
    Very happy to be having some success with 5:2. At the end of my 6th week I’ve lost about 7 lbs. Not spectacular but steady, and great since I’ve been trying to lose weight for about 20 years with limited success. I have about 35 total to lose.
    Ironically I’m a nurse, and part of my job is counselling people in weight loss. I’m not allowed to recommend diets that aren’t “evidence-based” however, so can’t mention 5:2 although I know it works. We can only mention things like South Beach, Mediterranean diet etc. But if someone brings it up, I can encourage them.
    No change in waist measurement yet, but I hope that will come eventually.
    I don’t see how so many of you are able to fast all day and only eat once in the evening. Since I work, I have to be alert during the day, and fasting makes my brain fuzzy. So I eat a 200-250 cal breakfast, then around 3 PM another 250 or 300 cals, then nothing til breakfast the next morning. I think a key ingredient in success is avoiding starchy foods as much as possible – very little bread, pasta, potatoes or rice for me. I don’t count calories, have neither the time nor available brainpower for it.
    I love this forum and all the support available.

Hi!
    I work too but find myself much more alert when I’m empty. Plus if I eat breakfast I’m hungry again very soon afterwards and start obsessing about food, then feel like a smoker who only allows themselves three ciggies a day desperately waiting for the next one. I’d much rather know that food isn’t an option AT ALL for the day and then enjoy a lovely meal in the evening. I also get so much more done!
    Good luck and well done so far. Seven pounds is so much nicer off than on!

Hi Entlover from Seattle! – great to hear that intermittent fasting has worked so well for you. As a doctor I too find that I run out of energy at work mid afternoon whether I am fasting or not and drinking more water makes all the difference. Keeping up fluid intake is really important when fasting. Stick with it and I am sure you will get to your target!

I now share the principles of intermittent fasting with patients when counselling about weight loss as research evidence shows that current dietary advice is not work working and many diets are still recommending basing 30% of dietary intake on carbohydrates. So as long as there are no contraindications (see FAQs) to fasting, it gives people another option to try. And there are now so many encouraging trials pointing to the benefits of intermittent fasting…

Hi I just completed my 6th week. I fast Mon and Thurs, I have increased my exercise a little bit, (using my wii for stepping everyday approx 20 mins). Not finding fast days too difficult, although I feel a bit woozy by evening. Lots of water is the way to go. My start weight was 10 stone 4 pounds and this morning 9 stone 11 pounds. Thats 7 pounds in 6 weeks. I am a very happy bunny. Love reading all the posts. Jennifer

I am new to this forum but am starting my 6th week on the 5:2 diet. To date I have lost 5kg/11lbs so thrilled with this. It is the first diet I have done where I have consistently lost weight every week.

On the downside my mum, who I have buddied up with for this diet, has had no change on the scales at all 🙁

I had a fast day today – due to my long days and demanding job I eat my calories all for lunch. By the time I get home I have a drink (low cal), a bath and then get into bed. Works for me.

Good luck to everyone reading this x

Good luck all. I eat breakfast (porridge with blueberries) and an evening meal. Lots of water In between and some fruit teas.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.