600 or 800 cals on Fast Day?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 6 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Tuesday is going to be the first fast day for my husband, and it won’t be easy. He likes his grub. I read in Michael’s book that it’s 600 cal on fast days, but seem to remember reading a new book was expected that says 800 cals. I’m working out a 600 cal day for him, but his eyes lit up at the prospect of 800 cals. Can anyone please advise?

Hi Kate and welcome:

It is simple – the less you eat, the more you lose, and vice versa.

Your choice.

Here are some 5:2 tips: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Dr Mosley was responding to people who were not managing the 5:2 days with the lower limit. He said it is still worth doing and the health benefits are almost as good with an 800 calorie limit.

I started 5:2 nearly three years ago and, inspired by the “What’s the right diet for you” documentary, I gave myself an 800 calorie limit and it did make it an easy way to get into 5:2. Over time I became less scared of fasting and my fast days are now usually between 300 and 500 calories.

I’d suggest he start on the 800 calorie limit and see how it goes.

Cinque gives good advice.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.