600 Calories Fast Day

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 5 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Hi everyone!

Quick question, does anybody go to nearer 600 calories on the FD and still lose weight?

Really struggling with the 500!

I do 600 calories on my FD and am losing weight nicely. Some of the guys do 800 calories, but they can tell you about that šŸ™‚

Whether you eat 500 or 600 calories on FDs isn’t going to make much difference if you aren’t over eating on the other 5 days. 5:2 works in a similar way to any other weight loss method, it’s all about creating a calorie deficit.

Having said that, it does help to make an effort to eat a healthier diet on non FDs ie cut out the processed carbs and up the amount of veg and lean protein.

Hi Katestar I usually go closer to 800 and Iā€™m female. I still lose weight at that rate. For me, if i do the 500 calories or less I lose closer to 2 lbs a week. With the 800 calories I lose about 1 lb. If you can stay at 600 you should be fine.

Thanks for your replies! As a busy Mum to three young boys I find that eating 500 is making me really dizzy/tired. I will see how I go on 600 šŸ™‚

If you are feeling dizzy, it’s a sign you’re not drinking enough water and might be needing some salt. Take 2 or 3 of extra glasses of water on board on fast days and maybe a pinch of salt with one of them or something salty such as instant miso soup which is usually around 30 calories per sachet.

Yes! Ditto on what Amazon said about the water and salt. That works wonders for that dizziness you’re describing.

Yes! Ditto on what Amazon said about the water and salt. That works wonders for that dizziness you’re describing.

I’ve only just started the diet but tried it a few years ago. My life saver at work in the afternoon is a veg oxo drink at 15 cals or any flavour still 15 cals. This gives the salt boost you possibly might need. It also warmed me up as it was freezing at work.

I’ve always done the 600, so that eating with my husband [also 600 calories] would not be weird. And it worked. 6 years later, we still aim for 600 calories on a Fast Day. You can do it, Kate!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply.