60 Year Old- Need support!

This topic contains -2 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Oliver27818 2 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I am a retired pharmacist who decided to go back to college for a master’s degree in nutrition. I have had many ups and downs, including a 4 year battle with anorexia in my 50’s, going from a size 16 down to a size 5 within 9 months. I changed my lifestyle, retired from pharmacy, and got a job that I love. I quickly regained the weight that I lost and as a student, I need to find a way to get back in control. Any tips that you may have would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Hi Tad411,

One thing about fasting is I’ve found it has improved my ability to listen to my body. Also I now like a lot of foods I never did before, like dark greens.

My journey into fasting started after I cut my refined sugar consumption to less than 20 grams/day. The impacts on my body were shocking and profound. I started losing body fat and my hunger went way down. At the time I actually increased the calories I was eating because I ended up replacing some sweets with higher calorie nuts and fats. Still I started losing weight.

Over time I learned that what I eat is far more important than how much I ate. I learned that not eating is also just as important as eating too, at least for myself. For me refined sugar is toxic and I have to limit it.

Nice post.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.