5:2 – The only sustainable way of eating I've ever come across!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
5:2 – The only sustainable way of eating I've ever come across!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Lady_Salsa 6 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I’m a 53 year old Scottish woman living in Australia and I started 5:2 this year on 4 January. Since then I have lost a total of 20 kgs at an average rate of 0.8 kgs per week. I still have a lot more to lose but am feeling so much better. I started to take measurements in April and since then till now I have lost 20 inches all over in total. I started 5:2 as my right hip needs replaced and being so overweight was crippling me. The only exercise I am doing and able to do is 90 minute sessions of therapy yoga four times per week. I am amazed that I continue to lose weight following this regime. On my non fast days I track my calories and allow myself one treat day a week. This is the only way of eating that I have ever found to be sustainable. Thank you Dr Michael Moseley!! 😃 – Karen

20kgs is a fantastic effort, Karen. I agree, 5:2 is doable and over time successful.
    I am amazed at how my appetite has decreased and the FD’s are actually becoming easier.
    I fasted this morning (not a FD) as I had some blood tests and I didn’t find it difficult at all to have nil by mouth from rising to the pathology visit (7.30am to 10am). Before 5:2 I would have struggled big time to not have had a cup of tea at least.
    All the best, and keep going!

K

Hi LadySalsa,

Congratulations from an Aussie, and well done on your continuing journey! You have discovered the secret about 5:2 – it’s not like a diet at all. . I am involuntarily sedentary and even I have lost weight and now only 3 1/2 kgs from my goal weight after 19months. I plan to do maintainence using 5:2 as well. If you would like to join an Australian list there are 2 on the forum “Southerm Hemespherites” and. “Aussie Determination”.

Best wishes to you Karen,
    Merry

Hi ladies. Thanks for posting on here and for your encouragement.

It has been a while and what a journey so far. I am now down 30 kgs and have a new hip! I am 11 weeks post surgery and took 8 weeks off 5:2, gained 2 kgs and have lost them again since returning to the 5:2 way of eating. Now that I am well on the road to recovery from my surgery I cannot wait to return to yoga, the gym and do all the things I loved to do prior to my horrendous hip problem. Merry I certainly will join the aussie forums too!

Best Wishes for continued healthy eating the 5:2 way!!

Karen

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.