5:2 as Maintenance after Reversing Type 2 Diabetes

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
5:2 as Maintenance after Reversing Type 2 Diabetes

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Robin55 6 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• I did the 8 week blood sugar diet in October and November and managed to come off all medication, under my GP’s supervision, and reversed my Type 2 diabetes on 800 calories for 8 weeks. It was nowhere as hard as I thought it would be and the recipes are delicious.

To maintain my weight loss, I decided to do the 5:2 on a Mondays (after eating well and having a few drinks at the weekend) and Thursdays, when I’m busy with one of my grandchildren. I’ve been doing it now for 4 full months and have managed to maintain my weight. I know the 5:2 works for me, so I will stick with it. I’m also still enjoying the 8 week BSD recipes. Carbs are a rarity now, compared to what I used to eat, although I do eat them. I love sweet potato chips! But I know to be more careful in what I eat these days. I don’t want to be diabetic ever again.

Congratulations on your remarkable success with T2D! And in just eight weeks! I’m trying to reverse my metabolic syndrome and always looking for good recipes so will be checking out the ones you mentioned. Best of luck with your maintenance!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.