4th of JULY.is on a fast day!!!

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  PreciousBooBoo 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Ok so I just so happen to of only eaten 500 calories on Sunday it was not planned but this is what happens to me . Anyways! I usually have my fast days on Mondays and Thursdays. Is it ok that I not fast today because I did on Sunday? Also 4th of July is Thursday so I would rather fast Wednesday instead is this ok? Just as long as it is not twice in a row?

Although I am doing the alternating fast days approach…it is my understanding the with the 5:2 you can pick any days you like 🙂 I, too, realized that fasting on the 4th “…wasn’t going to happen…” LOL! and have swapped Thurday for Friday.

Hi Bella,

Like Carla previously mentioned, the days you fast are entirely up to you. That is one of the beauties of the Alternate Day Fasting (ADF) program. You could fast back to back or whatever days you choose.

On a side note – It’s funny how we yanks will talk about the 4th on a British blog. I once thoughtlessly asked one of my British mates what he planned to do on the 4th of July. He told me that he was just going to mope around and feel sorry for himself. I couldn’t help but burst out laughing, thinking about this American holiday from his perspective.

Cheers

This is for Carla, Bella and Bobby, I wish you all a very happy and blessed day on the 4th I think its lovely to be patriotic!!!

Thank you all for responding it really helps when people get back to me.

Oh My Gosh I never even thought about the fact that I am on a British Blog LOL…. So that is explains why I do not understand when people say (stone’s) when talking about weight loss or gain. What does it stand for? 🙂

One stone is roughly 14 pounds.

Oh very interesting thank you Carla. Since you are on I have a question maybe you can help me with. It says under my age and everything that on my non-fast days I should eat close to 1500 calories I cannot!!!! that is way to much food even when I try I cant. Yesterday by the time it was dinner time for me around 6 30pm I am not hungry so I ate for the whole day 740 calories. Will this cause a problem for me to loose.? I have never eaten that many calories. Any suggestions?

🙂

Well…I think anything under 1200 kcal for the non-fast day would be a bit severe…as your body needs this for your internal functions as well. Was a nurse for years. Our nutritionist used the X10 forumula for calculating calories. The patient body weight you are going for (for instance 125) times 10 for a total of 1250 kcal a day. Hope it helps 😀 Off to the garden shop and library!

Ok so I take the weight I want to be and X it by 10? That may do!

Let me know if that is right when you have time and thank you again for your input. Have a great day.
    🙂

bellla – I might be wrong but, by the sound of it, Carla’s ‘Goal weight in pounds x 10 = Daily calorie intake’ seems to represent a 7-days-a-week restricted intake programme for weight loss. This would be something opposite to the 5:2 system, which advocates 5 days of full, reasonable intake and only two (fast) days of strict calorie reduction, being far easier to sustain long-term than restriction every day.
    Do you understand why you have so much difficulty managing 1500 cals, which you say is your recommended non-fast day intake? I agree with Carla that anything under 1200 cals would be too severe. Without knowing your actual statistics, it’s not possible to check your calculations but something like 750 cals is not a healthy total for a non-fast day and you will do yourself harm if you consistently keep your intake that low. Have you considered discussing the matter with your Doctor or other health professional, for more support and guidance about how best to proceed in your circumstances? With all best wishes to you.

Jeanius…you are so correct. The X 10 is based on a 7 day diet…

Thanks for catching that.

I still intend to fast on the 4th of July INDEPENDENCE DAY even though it’s my birthday! I’m not American however and
    I’m so desperate to lose weight that I don’t want to change my fast day.
    It would be really helpful if someone who has any advice/experience would respond to my first post…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply.