4 weeks on…..

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  greenwood6271 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Having started the diet 4 weeks ago, I am delighted with the results so far. I have struggled with my weight for the last 9 years, partly due to my love of food (chocolate in particular) but also an under active thyroid. No matter how much exercise I did or cut back on food I didn’t see as dramatic effect as I have with this eating plan. The recipe book is delicious and fairly straight forward, I have had to buy a few new items that would not have not graced my cupboards prior, but I have enjoyed every meal that I have prepared. I have not craved chocolate at all, and even on the fast days I have managed to cope with the 500 calories and not feel hungry. I was worried that I might be inclined to binge after a fast day due to hungry but not so, if anything my eating habits on the 5 days have vastly improved. I am actually enjoying food that is good for me.
    I do not class this as a diet, this has become my normal eating plan, and even if I go out for food I am more likely to pick the healthier option than one I would have normally picked. In total I have lost 11llbs in the 4 weeks, but seen a dramatic affect on my stomach, not as bloated and lost 6 cm in total, dropped one dress size (2 more to go) and feel so much happier in myself. I would recommend this plan to anyone!

Hi Greenwood, I’ve started my 4th week and have not lost a pound. Reading your post gives me hope. Great job.. you must be doing something right. Two dress size drop is an awesome accomplishment. I must be doing something wrong. Might I ask what is your schedule for eating on your fast days?

well done greenwood, 11lbs in 4 weeks is amazing ! I am in exactly the same position as you – struggling with weight for last 8-9 years, underactive thyroid etc.

I am on my 3rd week, and am down about 7lbs which I am thrilled about. I have had a hectic few days of eating lots due to birthday celebrations etc. and have to say I was positively looking forward to my fast day today.

I too have lost a few cms round waist & hips, although haven’t dropped a dress size yet……

I’ve got a long way to go, but this is the best start I could have hoped for and finally feel I might just win my weight battle after all !

Hi tomtommum, well done you! That’s a great start, keep it up its such a good feeling to actually know that something is working. I’m sorry that Redflame has not seen the same effects, it is difficult no question, but even on the 5 ‘normal’ eating days I have stopped the snacking which was my biggest downfall and I have ensured that I have food ready to make as soon as I get home, rather than grabbing for the nearest ‘quick fix’ while my tea was in the oven. On my fast days I have, the poached egg, spinach, portobello mushroom and cherry tomatoes for breakfast then nothing until tea time which can be any on of the 300 – 350 teas, cottage pie, omelettes the tandoori chicken and raita is yum. I leave a few calories spare as I like a coffee with sugar I know it’s naughty, but I allow myself 3 coffees on a fast day.

Hope this help, also I’ve made a food diary to see what food work for me…

Keep going, we can all get there if we support each other!
    Karen

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.