36 Year old Mum of 2 wanting to lose 41lbs

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  PatCourt 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi everyone! This is my first time at trying this type of plan. I HATE the word diet with a passion, it’s a lifestyle change I need so I refer to plans this way lol. I’m a comfort Eater and on medication for stress, anxiety, depression and panic attacks. These will hinder my weight loss but I’m determined to give this a go and see if it helps even get me away from the 13 stone range! Has anyone got any good tips for a newbie like me?

Hi Sad2Fit

Congratulate yourself for beginning this journey – it is a lifestyle change indeed. Firstly you say you want to lose 41lb – that is a big goal and I am sure you will do it but break if down into small chunks. For instance, say to yourself I want to lose 8Ib over 6 weeks – when you achieve this goal, continue with another 8lb over the same period and so forth until you achieve your target weight. Breaking goals down like this into more achievable chunks makes it easier.

In a nutshell, take it slowly, eat healthily and if you have a bad day, just relax and know that tomorrow is another opportunity to reach your goal.

Best wishes

Pat

Hello Pat! Thankyou for your advice,that makes sense in regards to the weight goals, long term I meant I want to lose that amount, realistically by January 2018

@sad2fit Welcome!

@patcourt has given really good advice about breaking it down into manageable chunks. I’d also suggest you join us over on the September 30 day challenge thread. Set yourself a goal for the end of the month. Then when the October 31 day challenge comes along, set yourself the next goal and so on.

Also, as you will experience plateaus on the weight loss journey like everybody else, you may want to get the tape measure out as well and keep track of the loss in inches and not just in pounds. Sometimes the scales won’t play ball, but the tape measure will show that things are improving.

@sad2sit. Losing 41 lbs may be a little ambitious by January. That’s about 3 lbs per week. If you set yourself more realistic goals you tend to stick with it. Most people average about 1 lbs per week. I averaged a little less than 1 lb per week and lost a total of 48 lbs but that was over the course of a full year. You say youre a comfort eater. Im assuming you don’t eat broccoli as a comfort food? Its usually sugar, fat or salt that people turn to. So maybe chocolate, or cakes or do you prefer more salty like chips? In any case there is no easy alternative but you will need to empty your fridge and cupboard of those foods to avoid the temptation. There is no easy alternative unfortunately. If you can do that right now youre probably ready to start your journey. Good luck.

@bigviking, I will definitely sign up to the October challenge – I am very motivated to succeed. I have epilepsy and I take medication for the condition. Thankfully my epilepsy does not affect my life too much however I hate taking medication. I am eager to see if this way of eating will enable my body to ‘cure itself’ I am also cutting out the foods that @bigbooty mentioned above . I will work closely with my doctor on this though as I need to do this safely

Thanks all

Pat

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.