3 months in and no more loss after the 1st month…

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
3 months in and no more loss after the 1st month…

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  simcoeluv 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi!
    I have been doing 4:3-16:8 for 12 weeks and lost 6lbs in the 1st month and nothing since. I fast religiously on my 3 fast days and keep to 200 calories below my TDEE on non fast days. I would ultimately like to lose another 8 lbs as I definately can “pinch an inch”… mainly bum and thighs… I have never been thinner than 4 more lbs thinner and I only maintained that for a month and settled back up.
    My question is has anyone lost more weight than they ever have before just by continuing even if loss stops? Does it eventually start again or just remain where you are? If there is no more loss than I can just maintain and not fast 3 days a week but move to a 16:8-5:2 schedule…its a little easier…

Hi m and welcome:

It sounds like you did not have very much weight to lose at the start. That would mean your TDEE is not exceptionally high. That means that your expected rate of weight loss would not be very high, either – nowhere near the pound a week average enjoyed by those that start when seriously overweight. You have lost about a half pound a week, which would be ‘in the ballpark’ for your situation. I would guess that if you keep going, your weight loss will continue eventually.

Having said that, if you really were doing what you say you should be losing a bit faster. I would suggest you revisit your TDEE. At best, TDEEs are estimates. I would guess your actual TDEE is lower than you think it is. This might help you better understand TDEE: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/tdee-for-the-curious-or-why-dont-i-lose-weight-faster/

Good Luck!

Hi Sim,
    thank you for the boost of confidence! In the calculator I put in my exact stats and put in sedentary but really avg. 17000 steps a day in addition to 1 barre class a week. My tdee is 1600 + but i don’t eat past 1400 on non fast days. In any event, I will keep on keepin on and hope for another small drop.

Hi m:

If you take your numbers, you are ‘cutting from your diet’ 1000 cal. on non diet days each week (5 days x 200 cal. deficit each day = 1000) and 2200 on your two diet days (1600 – 500 = 1100 x 2 = 2200). For a total of 3200 each week.

But you are not losing that fast.

So I might suggest you may be eating a bit more than you think you are. If you are actually keeping track of all of the calories you are eating, often portion control is the issue. If you are not keeping track, but just estimating, research shows most people underestimate the number of calories they are consuming by about 50%.

But my basic advice is keep going. You will get nowhere if you stop!

Good Luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.