29y male 5:2 week 3

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stardust09 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi, I started my weight loss journey in August 2016 (96KG). After switching to diet soda and being more active I went down 10KG. Started 5:2 at BMI 28 (86KG). Looking forward to reaching normal weight in 2017. Hopefully before my 30th birthday.

I did 16:8 for 3 weeks, good for maintenance but not for weight loss.
    I normally eat late breakfast and few but larger meals. I have good health.

So far 3 weeks, 3KG loss (83KG). 5:2 Goal: 20KG loss.

Fingers crossed. Wish me luck.

I do indeed wish you luck! It sounds like you’re narrowing in on a pattern which works for you and you’ll refine it as you go. This forum is full of success stories and those in the making, with a few threads aimed more specifically at men if that’s a helpful thing for you.

I look forward to congratulating you on your milestone birthday. 🙂

Lolly_ Thank you! I wish you luck as well.

I will soon have time to read more threads. I read some of yours. Interesting cutting all sugar from diet. I’m not there yet but maybe someday.

Cutting carbs in general and sugar in particular has worked for me not only in weight loss but in pulling me back from being diabetic. Trial and error has shown me what works best for my body — others have success with very different meals — but we can all fit within a 5:2 framework. There is no obligation to eat (or not eat) any specific food, which makes this adaptable to pretty much anyone.

Keep reading! I found this forum a mine of helpful information and experience and I hope you will, too.

Update:
    Normal BMI reached 2 April 2017
    24.6 76.3KG

10KG weight loss in 10 weeks!

Next goal is BMI 23 72KG before 23 May 2017

My plan
    I eat all foods but I also eat healthy foods. 2 strict fast days (Sunday and Wednesday). 11pm breakfast on NFD except after fast days.

Weekdays NFD TDEE or less, Weekends NFD TDEE or more. 1hr walk/light excersise every day.

Update:
    BMI 23 Goal reached: 7.May.2017

Current weight 70KG BMI 22.6 13-14%bf
    Next goal 10%bf

Trying to build muscle and eat on select days so weight loss has slowed down but still going. Avoiding sugar no cravings. Trying to eat healthy most of the time.

86KG to 70KG in 4 months I’m satisfied with that.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.