2 fast days in a row?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  hildys 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Hi, I am really motivated to start the 5:2 diet this week, but due to social commitments I can only fast tomorrow (Wednesday) & Thursday! Is it ok to have the 2 fast days together? Usually I would be able to split them. Any tips welcome!

Hello hildys and Welcome

Have you read Michael and Mimi’s book? I strongly recommend it; the arguments and the proven data are extremely persuasive (if you need to be convinced and this site isn’t enough in itself).

I can’t remember what it suggests regarding this but I think it makes no difference. Anyway, if that is all you can manage this week; do it anyway and next week separate them. It’s usually all good especially when you are just starting. It’s a shock to most people’s system which is just what you want.

Thank you! I am definitely gonna go for it tomorrow. 🙂

(I hope I am right in saying this – I’m guessing that hildys is a female name?)

GO GIRL! or GO MAN!

He he, it is indeed!

Good luck! I’m debating doing the same but have done day 1 fast today and I’ve only just ate my 300 cal dinner but am feeling the hunger now so think I need a normal day tomoz! If I had no choice like you then I’d have to cope but it is a bit of a shock coping on such a small amount of cals so keep yourself very busy to distract!

Thanks. Almost made it through the first day! Not too bad so far, but ask me this time tomorrow & it may be a different story. :-/

I also fast on Wednesday and Thursday. I find it is much easier to fast on two consecutive days, rather than break the days up. then I know the rest of the week is free. I try to pick 2 days that are quiet and less likely to involve social events. I loved the book because it confirmed what I kind of intuitively knew through the natural rhythm of my body. Fasting is good for you when done appropriately. You don’t have to eat breakfast if you don’t want to. The only thing I do not agree with is the emphasis on low fat. I find food in their natural, whole nature the best, and I prefer a more paleo approach in general. Fat is good.

I managed the two fast days together, it was actually ok! Gonna do the same this week too.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.