1st week down!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  JGJenks 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• I just finished my 2nd fast day, and am down 4.2lbs. Know this pace probably won’t continue, but loving it anyway! On fast days, I have a banana in the morning, then the remaining calories at lunch time. I am a little hungry and tired in the evening, but I like the fact that my body gets to go 18 hours without having to digest food and can focus on repair. I don’t look on this as a diet, but a new way of life!

I did calorie restriction last year and lost 32lbs, but put 20 of it back on. This is probably a lot of our stories. We start out great, loss a bunch of weight, and then our bodies fight back after months of deprivation. That is why I am so excited and relieved about 5:2 fasting. I believe it’s a lifestyle I can continue with, and am pysched about the health benefits.

I have been vegan/vegetarian for the past few years, but a lazy one at that, which means I do really well for a while, but then let cheese, ice cream, butter, etc. slip back into my eating. When I stick to vegan eating, i feel so much better and my skin & hair look much healthier. 5:2 can definitely work for vegans/vegetarians. I include beans with my fast meal, as they are a great source of protein and very filling. I also drink a bunch of water – this will help with the hunger and headaches, and gets rid of toxins.

Best of luck to everyone!

Good luck and keep going it gets easyier as you go on, and i totaly agree it does not feel like a diet have not thought of what to call it but i like it, maybe 5:2tastic, or oh my goodness it works !

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.