1st day of 5:2 & first fast day!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  sylvestra 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Went to a weigh-in group last night and weighed myself for the first time since giving birth 9 months ago. Didn’t like the results!! I’ve put on 1.5 stone. My aim is to lose 2 stone, a friend told me about the 5:2 diet so I’m determined to do this! It’s my first day and I chose this as my fast day (is that allowed by the way?!! Does anyone have any food suggestions for fast days?? Look forward to your responses!

hi and welcome Lauren!

you can choose any day for your fasts lol, as for food suggestions have a look around the forum, there is a section with lots of delicious recipes, soup seems to be a favourite though!

wishing you all the best on this fab way of eating, keep us posted and happy fasting 🙂

Angie x

My first day today too and I am fasting, it 1 pm my time and have not had anything but water and herbal tea. Am feeling a bit hungry now, but am just going to see if it passes, maybe it’s just because it’s lunchtime and 10 mins or so the hunger will pass. If not I will eat something good luck
    Pauline

Hmm I’ve been still having my 3 meals a day but spreading the 500 calories. On my next fast day I might try not eating unless I’m starving. I eat out at certain times out of habit now!! Angie090465 how long have you been doing it and how much have you lost?? I’ve just had dinner and brushed my teeth to stop me wanting to eat lol. Good luck to you too fireflylady!! Xxx

I replied below, not sure if you got notified!

I have had 2 ryvita and tuna for lunch with another herbal tea and a glass of water, getting plenty of exercise going to the loo lol. Downloaded mynetdiary app to my iPad seems quite good for keeping on top of your calories for the day. With what I am planning for dinner I will only have had 329 calories, I have been totally honest, is that enough or should I try and push it up to 500 with come low gi carbs, don’t feel I will need them though, so don’t want to eat for the sake of it. Any advise welcome, it’s a big learning curve x

Hi @fireflylady if you feel you have eaten enough, then stop. Don’t eat if you are not hungry – that’s how we get overweight in the first place. Have a piece of fruit or something later if you feel you need it.

Well done ….your first fast day is nearly done. It gets easier with every one you do x

@lauren We eat out of habit a lot of the time – because we always have 3 meals a day, because we always have breakfast/lunch/dinner at this time; because we always have three courses; because we MUST have breakfast…you get my drift, Ideally we should only eat if we are actually hungry and we should stop eating when we feel full. We have to teach ourselves to eat slower, listen to our bodies and recognise the feeling of being full. It takes a little time to do this. Just keep on keeping on x 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.