10 days in, 5lb down!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  steve2k 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Hi everybody! Been readig through people’s posts since I started the diet last week, and have found other folks stories and points of view really helpful and interesting… Hopefully I can provide the same encouragement for others too!

So as the title may suggest, I’m 5lb down after my 4th fast day, I’m 5’3″, 27, female, and started at 10st, am down to 9st9lb and hoping to reach 9st.

I am a runner anyway but have made sure to run on at least 1 fast day, usually about 7 miles.

Also, I have been fasting on consecutive days, Monday and Tuesday, as I like to get it over and done with at the beginning of the week!

Off to put my 2-pence in at other conversations I have been reading!

Good luck and thanks for reading 🙂
    Nikki

Well done Nikki! I am the same starting weight as you but unfortunately I have only lost 1lb in over 3months! Brilliant job from you on running that far on a fast day!

Hi Nikki, I’ve just completed my second fast day and really impressed with how it’s gone, would never have though fasting could have all these health benefits (not to mention potential weight loss) and its actually easier than I thought it would be. Amazing! Anyway, I’m a runner too but have been avoiding doing any runs on fast days, can’t believe you do 7 miles! But do you find the run easier or harder? And do you run first thing in the morning or later in the day? And have you run on a Tuesday after fasting on the Monday (when you must be extra hungry!). Sorry for all the questions, just an area I’m interested in. Would be interested in finding out, I might have to give it a go! Thanks Nikki

Hi Rachel!
    So far I’ve only run on the 1st day of the 2 fast days (I run Monday, Wednesday, Friday) and I’ve actually found it harder today, on a Wednesday, the first day after the 2 fast days… But then, I always find it hard, there’d be no point in doing it if I didn’t 🙂 !
    I run in the mornings, I can imagine talking myself out of it if I left it to the evenings!
    I read somewhere else on this forum that exercise is suggested on fast days to help your body start burning fat…or something to that effect.
    Try it, you will probably surprise yourself 🙂

Mlg9, I came across a few posts with people experiencing the same thing… Perhaps exercising on fast days would help if you don’t already. Also I’ve cut my alcohol consumption to only 2-3 nights a week, it was pretty much every night before….!! :-/

Hi Nikki,
    Yes just have to give it a go I suppose! At the moment my running days and fasting days aren’t the same, but I’m interested in stuff I’ve read elsewhere on the benefits of exercising while fasting. Thanks for your response and good luck with your weight loss.
    Rach
    PS I’ve cut my alcohol down too! Weekends only for me now (at least most of the time!)

I did about an hour at the gym on my fast day. About 30 mins running then some weights – so no long endurance – but I didn’t notice any drop in performance (although if my performance drops much it’ll be negative numbers)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.