Sugarless Crumble for apple etc crumble dessets

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Recipes
Sugarless Crumble for apple etc crumble dessets

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pattience 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• This recipe contains no sugar, honey, or artificial sweetening. It is not sweet but does have a little dried fruit.

Recommended serving size is about 1/4 cup because it is high fat/calorie.
    Recommended to serve on top of stewed fruit with unsweetened yoghurt.

It is a bit ordinary on its own but on top of stewed apple with yoghurt it is yummy. And while i could happily eat more, i find I can cope with just a 1/4 cup serve. I experimented with different things but i haven’t actually tried the besan flour version on my apple yet so not sure how much i like it. But besan flour has a higher protein content than wholemeal flour i think but its got a sour flavour.

60g unsalted butter
    1 cup flour – besan/wholemeal/or whatever else your want to try maybe semolina (which might need more water i’m not sure)
    1 cup shredded coconut (or desiccated)
    1 cup rolled oats
    1/2 cup of mixed seeds and nuts including sesame, sunflower, pumpkin kernels, walnuts
    1/2 cup of mixed dried fruit – sultanas or currents would also be fine.
    cardamom or other spices.
    I used a Duck egg for this much but you can use 2 small eggs or 1 small egg for half this quantity
    4 tbsp water.

Beat the egg separately and add the water.

Rub the butter with the flour, coconut and oats before adding the nuts and dried fruit. Then add in the egg and water.

Bake in a greased tray at 180 for 45 minutes or until golden.

If you are baking this directly with the stewed fruit, then put the dried fruit on top of the apple instead of mixing it into the crumble. It will absorb more water.

STRAWBERRY MARSCAPONE ICECREAM WITH GINGER

Fresh strawberries, cut in half (should work with any berries i would think. )
    Marscapone cheese
    glaceed ginger – chopped into smallish chunks. don’t use too much. The ginger flavour suffuses the ice-cream and its wonderful. But you don’t want it overpowering. The idea of this recipe is to get used to living without sugar.

Sorry i can’t remember the quantities. I made it some time ago.

Stew up the strawberries until they start to soften. Put in a food processor or bamix with the marscapone and whip it up. Blend in half the ginger and add the rest as small chunks.

Pour into a muffin tray or paddy papers. Each serve should be about 1/3 or 1/4 cup maximum.

Stick in the freezer. When you want to get one out of the muffin tin, just run the back of the tray under water and it will defrost enough for you to get it out. All the ice-cream to defrost a little before eating.

Thanks for the recipe Pattience, I will try this as soon as a get back home from work tomorrow. Cooking and baking is one of my passions and it really helps me a lot to relieve some stress. I also like pampering myself while I’m on my off from work and apply a natural facial mask once in a while.

Hi Prattscm – In the end, i decided I didn’t like this as much as i like stewed fruit (or fresh) with yoghurt and mixed seeds. It was fun to try it out though. You may make some version that you find completely satisfying. It can’t hurt to try it and find out for yourself.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.