This topic contains 211 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by  LadyMacca 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 213 total)

• Hi All,

I have started today and this is my first fast day! I am going to try and go until tonight and have a Marks & Spencer ready meal from the “Fuller for Longer” range. I have had an apple for breakfast and I am going to drink a lot of water and green tea!

I have tried every diet going so I am hoping this will work for me. Although I am hungry already 🙁

Does anybody have any tips for me?

On the remaining 5 days, do you all just eat in moderation?

Thanks in advance for your help

Becky x

Hi Becky
    Yesterday was my 2nd fast day so I’m a Newbie too! Haven’t weighed myself yet but I did feel a tiny bit skinnier than usual at the end of yesterday… we’ll see I guess!
    I don’t have any tips for you yet but I do find that not eating til lunch on fast days works for me because if I eat breakfast it makes me hungry again by lunch! I also drink loads of water and tea to keep me going.

Nice to meet another Newbie!

Amy x

Hi Becky

It’s my first day today too, so don’t have any tips yet but just wanted to say good luck and you aren’t alone 🙂
    I haven’t had anything to eat yet, I did have a cup of tea this morning but since then lots of water. I can’t do without my tea with milk so to have only had one cup so far is pretty good!!
    I have decided to skip breakfast and just see how the day goes, I have my tea planned so am looking forward to it:-)
    Good Luck Mia

Hi Ladies,

Today is my first fast day aswell and I have had the dreaded weigh in this morning, reckon I’ve got about 4stone to loose so its not going to be a quick fix for me. I tried fasting a few months ago and loved it but then fell well and truly off the wagon for many reasons that to be honest were just excuses. I’m going to try and not have anything to eat until this evening as then I will have had a full 24hrs fast. Tips I remember from last time was that it does get easier (but feeling hungry doesn’t kill you)and whilst on the non-fasting days I didn’t count calories explicitly I did keep a close eye on them but I think its personal preference and spending the first few weeks working out what works for you.
    Good luck and it will be great to keep checking in with you guys
    Claire x

Hello, another newbie here!

I have been doing the fast diet for one week now, so far so good, 3 pounds down! I find the most difficult part is around mid afternoon when I get hunger pangs and all I want to do is stuff my face with carbs. Anyway I just have a strong cup of black coffee and have to ride it out, all i keep thinking about is my evening meal and that gets me through it 🙂 So my fast days consist of, porridge with water and sweetener for breakfast, and chicken stir fry for dinner, its tough but so worth it!

Good luck to you all!

Rebecca

Well done on your 3lb loss Rebecca! You’re making me excited for my weigh-in after Week 1 🙂

What are everyone’s stats/goals?

I’m 5ft 9″ and 11st 12lbs and I would like to be 10st so my ultimate goal is to lose 26lbs. My BMI is 23.8 and I’d like it to be 20. Not sure what my fat % is but I’m hoping to get some scales that measure this.

My waist is currently 32″ but need to do some more measurements because from the other forums I’ve been reading sometimes you lose inches and not weight so it’s another way to see progress.

I’m going on holiday to Mexico in 11 weeks so I have a mini goal to lose 12lbs by then.

Looking forward to hearing everyone’s success stories as we shrink! 🙂

Amy x

Thanks Amy! Im 5.5 and 10st13 now, in the long run Id really like to get down to 9 stone. I have a holiday in 6 weeks and would like to be 10stone by then, thats about 2pounds a week. Im exercising everyday too and also watching what Im eating on non-fast days, for example if someone offers me some chocolate I have a piece and not half the bar! Im looking forward to seeing how this goes! I did the Dukan diet last year and it got me under 10stone, but then you guessed it I piled it back on. It just isnt sustainable. Im hoping for long term permanent results with the fast diet, the idea is I get to my goal weight and then just fast 1 day a week to sustain my weight.

Can anybody share what they are eating on their fast days, I need some alternative ideas!?

Thanks

Rebecca x

I’ve got a fair bit more to loose than you guys but I’ve only got myself to blame 🙁 and am in it for the long haul to try and get a healthier lifestyle. I’m currently 16stone 3.5lbs at 5’7inch and would like to get down eventually to a healthy BMI of 25 (11st 8lbs) even though when I was this weight a few years ago people told me I was too thin so will just have to see how it goes. I also used to be a really keen runner doing lots of races so have been to the gym today to try and get my fitness back on track so I can get into running and not knacker my knees. I’m going to have scrambled egg on toast and a banana today or sugar free jelly is only about 7 calories so that’s always a good thing to have in the cupboard for a but extra if needed.

Hope your fast day’s are going ok so far?

Claire

Hi gogogecko – cool name! 🙂
    Yesterday was my 2nd fast day and it was definitely harder than the first. I’ve heard they get easier though!
    Rebecca – this is what I’ve had on my fast days so far…

DAY 1
    No b/fast
    Lunch: Miso soup w/ tofu – 210 cals
    Dinner: 2 poached eggs on 2 slices wholemeal toast – 275 cals
    (plus loads of water and tea! I take a splash of semi-skimmed milk in my tea and never know how many calories a cup is – any ideas??)

DAY 2
    No b/fast
    Lunch: Miso soup w/ tofu – 210 cals
    Dinner: Mackerel and egg salad with a few olives – 300ish cals

Not very exciting but I haven’t been too hungry – it’s the late afternoon that gets me…tend to run home from work and cook dinner straight away haha!

Question: when do people think is the best time of week/day to weigh-in?

Amy

Im 5ft 6in and as of this morning was 14stone 4 1/4 🙁 I would like to lose about 3 stone but also really just want to be healthier as I know I can’t carry the way I am.Mia

Don’t be down Mia! We can all support each other through this journey 🙂
    From what I’ve read on these forums, losing 3 stone is definitely possible!

Just got to keep at it and hopefully we’ll all see the scales and inches dropping! 🙂

A tip I keep reading about is to try on clothes of different sizes once a week to feel the difference.

x

Hey Mia,

3 stone is definitely doable I reckon we can all try and keep each other on the straight and narrow 😉 I also in it for the long haul aswell.

Amzta – Thanks for posting what you have eaten, its really interesting to see the way others are tackling it. I’m in a bit of a pickle this week as would like to normally fast Monday and Thursday but obviously today was my first day but Thursday I have a night out for hubbies new job and then have the in-laws visiting all weekend so that really leaves me with tomorrow. Don’t really want to do it back to back in my first week but think I’m going to have to give it a go . Eeekkkk!

What days do you guys fast on or plan to fast one? Does it change?

Claire

Mia – you may feel down at the moment but think how amazing you will feel in months to come having lost all that weight, you will look back and be so happy you embarked on this journey! We are all in this together!

Claire – fast day is going OK so far, I had a bit of a weak moment at about 1pm but just had a tangerine and strong coffee, I feel fine now, how is your day going? At the moment my fast days are tuesdays and wednesdays, i prefer to do it consecutive as its out of the way then! what about you?

Amy thanks for posting what you eat, I love poached eggs so will definetley so Im going to have that one evening. Also I may start cutting breakfast and save the calories for lunch, I get so hungry at around that time and I have to sit with my colleagues who are all eating food! I weigh myself every morning but I guess to weigh yourself after both of your fast days would be the best advise.

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca, Good to know that you manage two consecutive days as that’s what I’m going to have to do this week. First fast day almost done for today as I’ve just had my meal for the day. Two mini slices of granary toast, scrambled egg (with one egg) and a rasher of bacon (without fat). Then a snack pack of apple and grapes. Worked it out and it was 498 calories. Currently sat contemplating what I can eat for 2 calories 😉 x

Claire

Hi guys!
    Just had to share, I just had my first weigh in after Week 1….
    Starting weight: 11 stone 12lbs
    Current weight: 11 stone 7lbs
    Weight loss: 5lbs!! 😀

This has made me a very happy bunny!! Bit surprised considering I indulged in a fair bit of Easter choc this wknd!

Can’t wait to hear you guys’ results!
    Amy xx

Wow Amy,that is fab well done, I am feeling better at the end of day one reading your results 🙂 I went all day without food until 3pm when i had half grapefruit,i have had 3 cups tea with some milk,have just finished a big plate of tuna salad and actually feel full at the moment, i may need to go to bed early so im not tempted to pick later!!! But i’ve done day one and it was ok 🙂 Thanks for the menu plans,brilliant to get other food ideas,my days will be monday and thursday i think from now on.

Thanks Loadstolose! Forgot to say my days are Monday and Thursday too. Also I go to bed early on fast days too to avoid snacking! Haha xx

Wow, well done amzta, that’s fab and a great inspiration to keep it up x

Hello

I am starting tomorrow (ha the number of times I have said that before). Anyway I am going to have to do consecutive fast days this week so this will be a challenge. I have my meals planned and some ideas for what to do when I get hungry e.g. going for a walk, making calls to utility companies where you have to hold for ages. Its good to read that other people are starting this week too.
    Good luck everyone.

Hi Towny2, day one here done and its not that bad 🙂 i know there will be good and bad days but its do-able,good luck for tomorrow,i like your idea of wasting the day on hold!!lol 🙂
    Mia

Hello everyone, day 1 for me too and it wasn’t too bad at all. Managed to drink 2L of water which is a huge step for me (although I’ve been to the toilet around a dozen times at least! TMI? Lol) and I’ve come to bed for an early night (it’s 7.45pm and I’ve just put my 3 kids to bed!) I started a journal/log over on personal stories with my starting weight and measurements and my food for my first fast day – I’m hoping this will be something positive to look back on and may inspire others the way some of the diaries inspired me!

Gogo…….a stick of celery from what I have read tonight!

Hi kelly,glad day one went well, i hope you had a good nights sleep and didnt wake up too early!!

Morning all, I thought i would,wake up really hungry but i havent 🙂 I did however have a terrible headache that started yesterday afternoon and got worse,i didnt get to sleep till after 2 this morning. I usually drink far too much tea and i had 4 cups yesterday, so wondered whether it was that?! but it hasnt put me off 🙂 Mia

Thanks Mia! My 2 year old wee boy crawled into my bed at 2am and woke for the day at 6am so pretty typical really lol. Apart from that I slept pretty well. Just ate toast with PB and banana – I’m going to write everything down again today just to make sure I’m staying within my TDEE (which is 1686 for sedentary and 1932 for slightly active so I’m assuming as long as I stay somewhere inbetween I’ll be ok???) when is your next fast day? Mine is Friday. Have a great day!

Morning all! (unless you are in other parts of the world and the I guess its Hello!)

Thanks for the suggestion of celery Lilythepink. I maybe surprisingly didn’t take you up on that offer. As for your headaches loadstolose I imagine you are right with your body just craving what it’s used to. Glad to see you are sticking with us though 🙂

Well yesterday wasn’t too bad but was very hungry going to bed last night. I’ve woken up today not hungry at all though which is lucky considering today is my next fast day as have relatives visiting this weekend so lots of meals out. Was planning to go for a run this morning but my legs are very stiff after body pump class yesterday so going to go into work early so I can get home early and run then. Are you guys exercising as well or just seeing how it goes?

Whether today is a fasting day or not hope you all have a good one

Claire x

p.s Good luck Towny2 with your first day

Hey Towny and Kelly! Morning everyone!
    Mia – I think the headaches are definitely the cause of caffeine withdrawal. Your body will get used to it.
    Claire – I’m training for the Edinburgh half marathon next month so I run 2 -3 times a week. Also I do a Pilates class once a week and Pilates exercises after each run. Pilates is great for strengthening your core and sorting your posture too which just makes you feel so much better. I highly recommend it! 🙂
    Recently I’ve started some light weight training with dumbbells in the house as I’ve read building muscle helps burn fat.

Amy x

Morning everyone! Hope you are all feeling positive and energised today! Im on my second fast day now. I decided to skip breakfast so I can have lunch, thai tuna salad it is today at 250 calories, I cant wait 🙂

I watched a documentary last night ‘eat fast liver longer’, you can watch it on youtube, it is from the author of the 5:2 diet, I would recommend you all watch it as it really goes into the other health benefits of fasting (not just weight loss) which Im really interested it. Reduces your risk of all sorts of disease.

Amy – well done on the weight loss – that is fantastic! its such a great feeling isnt it when you have lost weight, it spurs you on. Are you exercising on your fast days or not? I went for a run yesterday evening and found it very difficult.

Claire – I am exercising but as mentioned to Amy I have been finding it difficult on fast days- what about you? I do bodypump classes too, they are great arent they! although Im trying to focus more on cardio at the moment.

Hi loadstolose – yes I woke up feeling not so hungry either, which is great! although my stomach is making the loudest noises right now! how is the headache today? better I hope, I know it sounds like the obvious thing to say, but make sure you are drinking lots of water, 2 litres a day! 🙂

Kelly – hope your first day went well, its always the hardest! Im on my second week now, results are very good so far.

heres to another good day 🙂 be strong

Rebecca

Thanks Rebecca and Amy 🙂 and hello to everyone else. This is a lovely thread to read – everyone is so welcoming and encouraging, it’s wonderful!

I am a stay at home mum to 3 kids aged between 2 & 8 and my husband works in London all week so I have a treadmill, weights and kettlebells to workout at home. Or at least that’s what they’re there for. I’ve lost my exercising mojo – I was doing HIIT on the treadmill and weight circuits 4 or 5 times a week for a while, then I got sick in February (flu) which floored me and I haven’t gotten back into regular exercise again. I need to get back into it!

I’m 5’6″, 154lbs (yesterday morning – day 1) and my waist measured 32″. I took a few other measurements which I’ve logged in a journal over on personal stories. I’m hoping this way of eating will help me lose a good few pounds but also stop me feeling so lethargic and run down. Usually I have pretty good skin but it’s been so dry lately and I’ve had a few spots too.

I’ve decided to do my second fast day tomorrow as I’m out with friends on Friday and we always have lattes and cake and I can’t be bothered explaining why I’m not having any (and I also don’t want to sit there watching them eating cake lol).

Hope everyone is having a good day!!

I think we should call ourselves the Fast Bunnies since we all started around Easter haha 🙂

I like the fast bunnies 🙂 maybe we need a,new fast bunnies thread somewhere Mia x

Heehee I like it!

On my fourth espresso of the day! its the only thing keeping me going! I feel a bit light headed today.
    Im going for a curry tomorrow and thats all I can think of at the moment 🙂

Forgot to say Rebecca, I don’t exercise on my fast days. Well I haven’t tried it anyway…I like a big meal after a run! Just focus on how good that curry will taste!
    Go Fast Bunnies! 😀

Hope you are ok Rebecca 🙂 Its a normal day for me today although I’m trying not to drink too much tea today as tomorrow is fast day number 2 and I would like to be headache free, I drank loads of water yesterday too 🙁
    I’m trying to eat normally but after yesterday I’m feeling very aware about the calories I’m eating, it just doesn’t seem right to eat normally today after yesterday, think I just need to get my head round it a bit more and I’m not that hungry either.
    Will watch eat fast liver longer tomorrow, I’m just walking about 3 miles a day at the moment, hopefully will build up to a slow jog when I’m feeling lighter!! Mia

Hi All

I’m on my first day today and have to say this thread has really inspired me. Feeling OK so far just have a little bit of a headache.

I’m also going to have to do two consecutive days this week so would be really interested to hear how you have got on.

x

Hi Penny, hope the headache goes away, will be interested to hear how 2 consecutive days go
    Mia x

Welcome to the thread Penny! Im on my second consecutive day now, I dont think it matters if you do it consecutive or not, whatever works for you – I find doing it back to back is much easier. But its so good to have the freedom to adapt your fast days as and when suits.

Mia, its interesting that you mentioned you’re more aware about what you’re eating etc. From what I have read and having spoken to family members, that is why the fast diet works so well, because on the days you are not fasting you become more aware of what you eat and dont consume as many calories, which can only be a good thing.

Rebecca x

Hi all, I too weighted in today but not fasting until tomorrow so all the advice is great. My fast days will be Thursday & Monday. I weight 16.6st & am 6ft so need to lose about 3 stone even do my ‘ideal’ weight is 11.6st which would be a 5stone lost. I’ve 5.1/2week to my holiday so any lose would be brilliant O:-)

Hello all,

Been wondering how you are getting on today as not been able to check the thread as had a new person shadowing me at work. It all seems to be going well for everyone so far and its interesting to see peoples different exercise regimes though Amy you are definitely my inspiration with your half marathon next month as I did the great north run a few times and aim to get back to that distance (I can’t run one mile at the moment!)

I have also just about completed my second consecutive day today but got realllllly hungry about lunchtime and had a packet of wotsits and a small fruit bag even though I wasn’t planning on eating anything till this evening.
    Just about to have my dinner which is going to be a can of weight watchers tom soup, a small roll, banana and some sugar free jelly. I don’t feel I eat particularly healthy on fast days but may just up my fruit and veg quota on non fast days as not a big fan of salads. I guess its a case of getting comfortable with this way of eating then I might start venturing out.

Mia – It’s weird as even though tomorrow is a non fast day for me I must say I’m already telling myself that I don’t want to go and pig out on chocolate so as not to undo the work I’ve done over the last 48hrs so hope my mentality stays this way!

Have a good fast/non-fast evening folks and well done on everything so far.

Claire

Sorry forgot to say Hi mymi, I’ve got about the same amount to lose as you but not expecting anything to happen overnight. I’m sure you can easily lose some weight by your hols. Let us know how you get on.

Claire x

Hi mymi, good luck with day one, it is ok, I’m better if i dont have breakfast,if i eat then by lunchtime I am hungry, if I don’t eat I can go until the afternoon-strange!!
    I think it will be trial and error for a few weeks yet. Fast day 2 tomorrow.
    I have really struggled to eat today.
    Mia

Hi all

Just ended my first fast day. It went surprisingly ok despite the kids snack time and an emergency trip to the bakers for bread for lunches tomorrow. I’m trying consecutive days so half way through now. I had planned to do exercise today but that just wasn’t possible.
    Good luck Mymi. Hope you have a good day tomorrow.

Morning all 🙂

Hope everyone is ok, day 2 for me, I know I only started on Tuesday but already I don’t feel as sluggish and wasn’t as tired as I usually am when I got up this morning.
    Have a good day everyone Mia x

Morning all,

Seems like theirs a mix of fasting and non fasting going on to day so good luck whatever you are doing.

I’ve had an interesting morning as I’m currently in a hotel staying with my hubbie who has a job interview today. I have just finished my first two fast days and feeling very self-righteous felt like continuing my healthier way of life with a healthier breakfast but in typical hotel style they only offered cooked breakfasts (no fruits or cereals) and worse still my husband had paid £15 a head for it so I daren’t suggest I just had toast and juice at that price. I didn’t do too badly though as I just halved my portion so only one sausage, one piece of toast etc and gave the fried bread/black pudding and croissants a miss. So not a great start but could be worse (kind of :/ )

Anyway hope you days have got off to a healthier start!

Claire

Morning Fast Bunnies! 🙂

It’s the start of Wk2 and my 3rd fast day today… felt really hungry this morning but had a cup of tea as soon as I got to work and that’s stopped the rumbles for now!

I’m meeting a friend after work today and she’s been really supportive of 5:2 – she’s going to have her dinner before so I don’t get tempted and we’re going to go for some herbal tea instead of a drink 🙂 She also suggested drinking hot water with lemon to curb hunger, so I think I’ll give that a go.

Hello Penny, you’re so sweet! I think this forum is a great idea as we can spur each other on when it gets tough. Hi Mymi, hope your fast day is going well today 🙂

How’s everyone doing today?
    Amy x

Morning all, well I’m on day 1 of my fast & so far so good. Got up & done my 20 mins on the bike before work so that’s out of the way. I’m in 2 minds as to what to eat for my lunch. I have a choice of porridge(120cal) or ham salad(101cal). I’m going to have either steak & steamed veg(249cal) or chicken curry (No idea on cals yet) for dinner. Either way I will be under the 500cals for the day. Best of luck to everyone today

Amy I have hot water & lemon every morning while doing my exercise. Its habit now as my bike is in a shed & it is very cold in the winter. I find it easier to drink first thing instead of cold water

Wow, well done on the exercise front mymi, I now have an image of you at 6 in the morning sitting in your shed in gloves, hat and scarf on your bike drinking you cup of water and lemon 😉

Today was a beautiful sunny morning here so I moved the bike into the doorway & the sun hitting my face made me sweat even more!!!! I wouldn’t manage getting up at 6 but am in the shed for 7 at the latest…best time to do exercise for me because my girls don’t give me a minute after work.great way to start the day;-)

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 213 total)

You must be logged in to reply.