Losing half a kilo a week

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Losing half a kilo a week

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  IreneHen 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I’ve been following the 5:2 diet since late April and in sixteen weeks have lost eight kgs (down from 88 to just under 80kgs). The weight yoyos a bit, mainly because on the days when I can eat I have to be careful not to go bonkers and cram in too much (on the basis of having been “good” the day before). I’m really pleased as I’ve never managed to stick to any diet for more than one month before, whereas this one seems to be for keeps.

As it happens as also started cycling last October: I only cycle three days per week on the basis that if I do that I don’t need to do it the other four, which is a bit like the 5:2 and a great motivator. If only I could apply this to keeping the house tidy…

Wow IreneHen. You must be really chuffed! That’s an impressive loss.

I know what you mean about non-fast days! I’ve started using my fitness pal – it’s an app that, among other things, logs calories. It’s definitely helping me stay on track, otherwise I sometimes think I could eat the fridge and still be hungry!

Haha! Just think of fasting as “me-time”. The house can wait 😉

Happy fasting,

Tracey

Well i just started last week and it seems like i lost some weight and now is back again. I dotn like counting calories because the more i think about food the more I want it. So i thought this diet was great because i just needed to focus on the calories for 2 days but it looks like it is not like that. Any tips? I really want to keep doing it, i just need to lose about 3 kg… Thanks! 🙂

Handpickedvegan: The one main change I’ve found is that I can now tell on normal eating days when I’m full. This diet has reset something in my body/brain, not sure where, but quite often I find myself pushing the plate away while it still has food on it, and saying that is enough. And that is what I think is helping the maintenance of the weight loss.

Tracey: thank you, yes, I am chuffed. Am trying to reframe my attitude towards housework as an activity to burns of calories 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.