Keep Calm and Carry On 5:2 (my progress)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Keep Calm and Carry On 5:2 (my progress)

This topic contains 31 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ushush 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

• I have started 5:2 four weeks ago with a BMI of 27,2. over the last ten years I have slowly gained about 12 kilos, it would be my big goal to lose these kilos. But first I want to get a BMI under 25.
    For me the way of 5:2 works very well and funny I think nobody is realizing that I’m doing a diet.
    Also after four weeks I havn’t the feeling that I have to quit eating things I love and I absolutely think that I can continue 5:2 till I will reach my goals.
    Sunday is my weight day, and so far today I have a BMI of 26,3
    Happy Easter 🙂

Good luck and wishing you well.

Week five, and my 9th fasting day! Can`t believe it, but I really was looking forward for a fasting day 🙂 Have the feeling that fasting becomes easier after a while? Somebody else this feeling, or will it change again?

I was looking forward to my fasting day today also! I think it’s because it makes me feel in control again maybe? Whatever the reason, I’m glad for it 🙂

Hope your fast goes well today Ushush, how will you do yours today? Do you have breakfast or lunch and an evening meal? Or 3 small meals? Or save all for the evening? I will try to wait until the evening again, but I have brought a Covent Garden tomato soup with me in case I do want something, 96kcal for a portion 🙂

Hope your fast day goes well 🙂

I don’t have breakfast, not bad because ususally I never have breakfast, only coffe.
    Then I’ll have lunch and evening meal. On a fasting day I always try to eat things I really love. For lunch I usually have chicken, or salmon or asparagus or fish or shrimps…. with some vegetable or salad.

Today Ill try the first time konjak noodels. Ill make them with broccoli, red Paprika, carrots, mushrooms and with a lot of wok spices and some soja Sauce. No idea if this will be to my flavour, but Ì’ll give them a try 🙂

For evening meal for today I think I’ll have some melone with salad and a littel deer ham. I always look to have something about 500 – 600 kcal.

The whole day I’m drinking water, water, water and tea with different flavours. Bevore midday green tee, and then fruit tee, different herbs tees and chai tee.

okay, my fasting day on tursday wasn’t really successfull 🙁 ! I have gained about 1 kg after fasting?? Hopefully no fat? I had the first time konjak noodles and maybe too much soja sauce?? I also had a belly like I would be pregnant? Maybe I have a low tolerance for the noodles? Have to try once more again.
    Anyway I also were looking for a new scale 😀 But yestersay on no fasting day I have eaten some cake, and dinner and also some wine AND…… today I habe lost about 0,5 kg of the gained kilo.
    Today new fasting day with steamed fish and asparagus – keep calm and carry on 5:2 🙂

okay, my fasting day on tursday wasn’t really successfull 🙁 ! I have gained about 1 kg after fasting?? Hopefully no fat? I had the first time konjak noodles and maybe too much soja sauce?? I also had a belly like I would be pregnant? Maybe I have a low tolerance for the noodles? Have to try once more again.
    Anyway I also were looking for a new scale 😀 But yestersay on no fasting day I have eaten some cake, and dinner and also some wine AND…… today I habe lost about 0,5 kg of the gained kilo.
    Today new fasting day with steamed fish and asparagus – keep calm and carry on 5:2 🙂

Hey ushush! Nice work 😀 You’re up early!

I’m four weeks in and today is my ninth fasting day! I’m loving it so far.

The 1 kg you gained was probably just water… it has to be! Maybe you do have some intolerance to those noodles… what are they made of? I tend to retain water when I eat wheat, so maybe that’s the culprit for you? Or it could be the soja, as you said… sodium! 😉 I have put on 2 kg since my last weigh-in and I know it’s water as I’ve eaten stuff I don’t normally (bread) and fasted on Tuesday… the scales fluctuate a LOT (especially when you weigh-in daily) so don’t lose heart! 🙂

Steamed fish and asparagus sounds lovely… Bon appetit! 🙂
    Alex

I would bet it’s water ushush, you’re doing great 🙂

@alexa5
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shirataki_noodles are also called 0% noodles, I think??
    I like und with 8kcal for 100 g they really fit perfectly in a fasting day. Maybe I’ll give them another chance this evening. 🙂

@usgush Those noodles seem bloody good… I might have to try and find them where I live 😉 did you have them the other night? How did you feel the next day? X

Alexa if you’re in the UK I’ve discovered you can get a brand called zero noodles in Holland & Barrett, they have 8kcal per pack 🙂

Sunday is my weight day, and last week I have gained 0,6 kilos, that’s a BMI of 26,5

So not really successful, BUT I know exactely why I have gained weight. I had two successful fasting days, so far so good. (alexa5 this time the meal with the konjak noodles worked very well. I made an asian soup with a lot of these noodles which had about 150 kcal all together)
    But I had 5 “normal” eating days which had some kcal a lot over my TDEE. So if I wouldn’t have had my two fasting days I would have gaine some more. So I’ll see it positiv 😉

result overall after 5 weeks 5:2
    Start BMI 27,2
    after 5 weeks 26,5 -1,9 kilos

Looking forward to a new week of 5:2 🙂

Oh thanks, @kitsix! I have actually just moved away to the very exotic *cough* Denmark – but I might have to get my people to send over some if they don’t have something similar here 🙂

@ushush – I’m up 1.2 kg today – you’re not alone! I ate over my TDEE 4 times this week… And ruined my designated fast day on Friday! Damn. But let’s stay positive and know we can power through it! I’m fasting today – got up at 10 to a blue sky and 18 degrees so put on my trainers and went for a 5.6 km hike interspersed with some running and I haven’t eaten yet…

When do you two do your fasting days? This week it’s Tuesday and Sunday for me – and perhaps tomorrow as well if I can manage! I have a big family thing next Sunday so I want to shed everything I can before then!

Take care both of you xx

we definitely will stay positive 🙂
    Let’s support each other to reach our goals!

Keep your chins up ladies, don’t forget that water retention etc can cause the scales to show an increased figure x

Have to admit, this time it really wasn’t only water, it also was a lot of ice cream (flushed with shame)
    But now it’s a new week and fasting day today – and I really enjoy it!!!

I’m all for supporting each other! 🙂

You’re very sweet, kitsix… but no, this time I honestly don’t think it was just water retention in my case either! Chocolate and crisps (the salt might have made it worse!) were the definite culprit.

How did your fast go yesterday, ushush? Glad to hear that you’re motivated! I’m fasting today… job hunting and fasting while at home isn’t ideal for me! I want to snack all the time, haha. Might go for a run in a minute, actually!

How are you getting on, ladies? X

ushush, there’s a lot of water in ice cream you know 😛

Aw alexa, job hunting is depressing at the best of times, bless you, fingers crossed for you!

How do you get on running on fast days? I’ve only just started running again and I’m not sure I could do it on a fast day. I know a lot do though, let me know how you get on!

I’m getting on ok ta, yesterday’s fast went well, nothing but drinks until dinner, then I had some home made ratatouille and an egg 🙂 Haven’t weighed myself for a while, will maybe weigh again on Thursday morning after tomorrow’s fast 🙂

Alexa, job hunting and fasting isn’t ideal – BUT tomorrow you will have a non fasting day – don’t forget!! Maybe not too much chocolate and chrisp 😉

Yesterdays fasting also went well for me, Kitsix.
    Hopefully will lose some weight this week.

Ladies, not sure if you have mentioned? Do you have some goals? How much do you want to decrease? Do you have a special time limit? Just wondering??

Oh, you two are just lovely! 🙂 Am feeling a bit blergh after yet another unadventurous day, so it’s amazing to log in to find that you have both replied! 🙂

Happy to hear both of your fasts went well! Do you find it easier when only having one meal or when splitting it into two (or three, four, five …)? Ooh, ratatouille sounds lovely! I’ve had tuna for lunch with a red pepper and two poached eggs with two carrots and a handful of cherry tomatoes for dinner. Suits me!

Fingers crossed for both of your weigh-ins, ladies. Am sure you’ve gone down!

If you’ve just started running, kitsix, I completely understand not being able to imagine running while fasting! I couldn’t physically do it at first but then found I perform better on an empty stomach. I think I’ve done it for a month now. Just build up slowly – like, in the morning before breakfast you could do a 1 km run (with 5 minutes of warm up) and see how you feel – and then adjust the time or distance accordingly… Just have plenty of water an hour before – that helps! 😉

Ooh, interesting question ushush! I WILL (!!!) lose at least 3.5 stone (around 50 pounds – and 20 kg) by my birthday in early December (I’m at around 16 stone now). Haha. It WILL happen. At least just let me go down 3 dress sizes… Pretty please?! I have a mini-goal set for 23 May of an 8 kg loss (1.3 stone – 18 pounds?) – so I’ll need to shift another 4 kg for that to happen!
    (Oooh just realised that tomorrow is my 1-month mark of doing the fast diet!)
    (Gosh, I am skilled at talking about myself!)

Ps: which measuring units do you use – just to make weight and size references easier in the future – UK, EU or US?!

How about you and your goals, etc? Elaborate as much as you like X

Good morning Ladies!

Ushush, my goal is to lose at least a couple of stone (12.7kg), and to sustain it comfortably, without calorie counting (at least without counting every day!), and get fit, I’ve entered the ballot for the 2015 London Marathon (again!), as well as a couple of small races this year, I’ve never done any before and I’ve always wanted to, I’m not too far off 40 and I want to start doing some of these things I’ve always wanted to! A few years ago I lost 5 stone (31kg) doing something different, but this diet (cambridge weight plan) just doesn’t fit into my way of life any more (husband hates it haha!), and some of the weight has gone back on due to my husband’s wonderful cooking, so I need something that works for me now 🙂

Alexa, I found after trying a few different ways of fasting, that having nothing until dinner time is definitely the easiest way for me, I get the odd hunger pang but nothing that drinking more fizzy water doesn’t quash, and in fact I could just not bother with dinner too if it didn’t bother my husband if I don’t have dinner with him 😉 As soon as I have anything to eat in the day it starts my digestion going and that makes me hungry again sooner, so easier not to have anything in the day for me. Also it means that I don’t really bother counting the calories for my evening meal now, I just leave out carbs and then I’ve got plenty to play with left over that I don’t have to worry about the skimmed milk I have in my coffee 🙂

Sooo anyway, today is meant to be a fast day, BUT, husband decided last night that he wanted to go to the pub for a couple of drinks last night (we so rarely do this, it came as a bit of a surprise!), but we had a lovely evening, chatting loads and several glasses of wine, so this morning I feel a bit tired shall we say! I’m wondering whether to write off today as a fast day and do it tomorrow….? BUT if I do that, is it the start of the slippery slope to me missing fasts altogether I’m wondering? Also, I’m not actually hungry yet anyway….hmmmm I don’t know, I guess I’ll see how it goes!

Have a good day both 🙂

Kits xx

Alexa, I always have lunch and evening meal. I’m eating with my family, so for me only some fish or chicken or vegetable and salad and for the rest of the family with some side dishes like noodles or potatoes. For dinner salade or joghurt with fruits etc.

Kits, you have already lost 31 kg WOW!!! I have different fasting days every week. I try to do the first fasting generally Monday and then I do the second on a day when I’m bussy with positive stress, and on days with no celebrations etc. It’s easier for me to fit my fasting to my daily routine instead of the other way around 🙂 So I also never would miss a evening in a pub with my DH 😀

During the last 5 years I have gained about 12 kg and it’s my goal to lose these kilos hopefully till the end of summer. So far I have lost something about 2 kilos, so another 10 Kilos to go :-)I would love to get a BMI somthing between 22-23.
    My mini goal is a BMI among 25. And I WILL do it 🙂

And you see I’m measuring EU in kilos!

I did end up fasting yesterday, as honestly, nothing really appealed to me to eat anyway all day. How strange! I’m pretty sure I over did it on how much skimmed milk I had in my coffees all day – I would usually only have a few with milk but yesterday I had like a pint of milk over the day! But I weighed in this morning and another pound is gone, so that’s 5 pounds now in 5 weeks. It’s slow, yes, but I’m really eating what I want on non fast days so I’m happy 🙂

How are you guys doing? Have you done both of your fasts this week?

Have a nice day 🙂 I hope it’s nicer where you two are, it’s pouring here in the UK!

Kits

I just decided to have a fast day today, that’s what I absolutely love on 5:2, it fits in my way of life.
    For lunch I had some tranches of filet steak and some vegetable, with some salad for dinner I’ll have a perfect fasting day and tomorrow ……… maybe 😉 ???
    wish you a nice day!

Your fasting day sounds pretty yummy ushush 🙂

I always need something yummy, especially on fasting days 😀

Sunday is my weight day. Last week I have gained 0,6 kilo – BUT this week I have lost 1,2 kilo 😀
    So never give up!!!

after 6 weeks 5:2:
    start BMI 27,2
    after 6 weeks BMI 26 -3,1 kilos

Yippee! very motivated for the next week of 5:2 🙂

Hi ushush that’s great! You must be really pleased 🙂

First fast day of the week for me today, a little late as it was a bank holiday here yesterday. I’m feeling a bit grumpy and rubbish today and not very motivated though 🙁

I hope you guys have a great day whatever you are doing 🙂

Kits x

Sunday – time for the scale!
    7 weeks 5:2
    start BMI 27,2
    today BMI 25,7 that’s – 3,9 kilos 😀 I’m absolutely happy!

But have to admit, today I celebrated mother’s day with yummy breakfast, lunch and dinner and last but not least some cake with ice cream! So I’m looking forward to my fasting day tomorrow! 🙂

ushush, well done! And your mother’s day sounds yummy 😉

Sunday weighting day, after eight weeks 5:2

Last weekI have gained 0,5 kilos.I had two fasting days, but the rest of the week I mostly were above my TDEE. So I can be pleased with “only” 0,5 kilos more.

8 weeks
    start BMI 27,2
    today BMI 25,9
    that’s -3,4 kilos after 8 weeks

Looking forward to next week and wish you all a wonderful sunday!!

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply.