Food Journal on Feast Days

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Food Journal on Feast Days

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  KnitALot2 10 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi All,

So far I’ve lost over 20 lbs. Yay me. The bad news is is that my weight loss has been stalled for the past few weeks (I suspect Easter dinner might have had something to do with it). Anyway, I decided to start keeping a food journal to keep myself honest about what I’m eating on the feast days (I fast 3 days a week). Is anyone else blogging about their efforts? I’d love to see what others are doing. If you’re interested the url is: http://sockknittersdiet.blogspot.com. As the name implies, I’m a big knitting nerd as well. I’ve been knitting socks like no tomorrow as of late.

On an unrelated note, has anyone joined WW or Overeaters Anonymous? I was thinking it would be nice to go to a meeting for support and just keep quiet about my methods. What do you think? Is anyone else doing this?

Weight Watchers and Overeaters Anonymous have two very different approaches to managing your weight.

WW has a plan to follow that they provide. OA lets you pick the plan and gives you methods to follow your plan.

WW has a leader and the discussion might be open in that others can ask questions and respond to the leader. OA has a person who leads the meetings – usually a different one each time. When you talk, no one else talks until your time is up and even then, no one can address what you said. It is like a bunch of random conversations about compulsive eating

Thanks for the info. I’m familiar with WW to a certain extent, but OA is new to me. I was concerned when I read something on OA’s Web site about how not eating for an extended period of time can be a sign of a problem (I guess it could be but I never fasted until I learned about 5:2) so I wasn’t sure they’d approve of my methods. I also was concerned it was like AA which I’ve heard has a religious bent and that is not my thing. It would be nice to go somewhere and hear what other people are doing (like WW) without actually having to do WW (which I have had no success with). I’m starting to think I’m on my own with this although this Web site is very helpful. I’m hoping the food journal will help as well. Frustrating diet weeks are going to happen.

Weekend was a huge fail. Food centered events on both Friday and Saturday. My fault. On Sunday I made up for it a bit by going on a 12 mile bike ride on a local trail and eating healthily. I tried quinoa again and found that it was tolerable (thought it was bitter last time I tried it). Will update my food journal later today. The weather is good so I’m planning on running later as well.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.