Encouraging results from thousands of fasters!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Encouraging results from thousands of fasters!

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  wiltldnrUSA 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• I see a lot of folks here seeking a bit of encouragement when the diet doesn’t seem to be working as well as they might have hoped…

For some months now we’ve been gathering stats over at my forum and compiling charts & graphs to show how well the 5:2/fast diet method is working for all sorts of people.

So if you need a bit of encouragement, come and have a look at our charts to see what the average loss is for different types of people. You don’t have to register to view it, although there are extra options for registered users (like being able to filter the charts to display stats for certain groups of people, eg I might want to compare my progress to other females in my age range).

So, here’s the link to our data from almost 3,500 users so far:
    http://www.52fastdiet.co.uk/tracker.php?p=stats

wow encouraging charts especially the adf versus 5/2 versus
    the 4/3 they kind of r the same

think i’ll stick 2 the 5/2

i was thinking of doing adf 2 get more loss
    but know after these valuable charts
    i changed my mind

and the 18 age group wow

so my .8213 loss per week
    after 7 months is good

since ur forums average is 0.455kg lost per member per week

i did not c any 6/1’s
    r they maintaining their weight?

i joined ur forum in march. however,….

thanks 4 this it made my day 🙂
    will definitely bookmark these stats 2 look @ them in more detail

ur site link again it’s very worth it

here’s the link to our data from almost 3,500 users so far:

oops u meant

0.455kg=1.0031lbs

i guess i’m below the avg 🙁

oh well better than nuttin 🙂

Wiltdnr
    Thank you so much for this, I found the site very helpful. You are definitely not below average. Your helpful advice
    Has really been helpful to me!
    Chris

wiltldnrUSA: We don’t have an option for 6:1 as such on the tracker as we have a ‘maintenance’ option instead when people have stopped trying to lose weight. Since the overall stats are for weight loss, any maintenance stats are excluded as they would bring the average losses down and not give a true figure for the losses achieved. Individual users set whether or not their personal graphs are private or not, but you can see from these graphs if they are maintaining and how their weight is doing 🙂

Beavergong: Glad you found the stats helpful 🙂

Hi there – I’m new to this Forum and to every other forum.

I wanted to give you my experience and hopefully some encouragement – I lost in the fist 30 days over 15 Ibs over 1 stone.

Before we start a little about myself.

I’m a 40 year old male, with a desk job from 09.00 to about 19.30 in a stressful environment and sadly do little in way of sports now days other than walking to and from work. I am not unfit, but Im not as sporty as I would like. I play tennis when I can which is usually once a year.

I have tried to diet before with varying degrees of success.

I saw the program on BBC and found it rather interesting and having looked at other diets many of which just simply didn’t seem that healthy I thought I would give this a try. I believe in the mantra of eat less and do more exercise. However I haven’t practised it.

Anyway I have been on the diet for exactly 30 days – 1 month and I wanted to share my experience.

I am 6 foot 2 inches and weighed 17 stone or 238 Ibs. Websites say my ideal weight is 13.5 to 14.5 Stone approx 190 Ibs or 203 Ibs.

At the start my
    Fat was 31.2%
    Visceral fat was 12.
    BMI was about 31.

I don’t drink fizzy drinks like cola etc, I eat vegetables and fruit, I like my pasta and bread and I drink alcohol moderately i.e. typical week would be 3 pints of beer (ale) and 2 glasses of wine.

I have tea and coffee with 1 sugar and milk.

This is my experience over 4 weeks.

I bought a new digital bathroom scales and a digital food scales. The problem I found with the old scales with the dial that spins around is that it was open to interpretation and I found I was “cheating” if it said about 238 Ibs or 235 I would always choose 235 – its very difficult to know (it was also inacurate the one I had) – so I bought digital scale with big numbers and its unequivocal. First shock I was not 231 Ibs but 238 Ibs (old scales were not at all accurate)

Next I bought a digital kitchen scales to find out how big my portions were. I would have breakfast cereals and found that I was either on an average of 55 grams when many cereals were saying the normal portion was 30g – believe me 30 grams looks miserable.

But the 1st week I weighed everything to understand the size of portions…I can tell you it shocked me.

Then I looked at calorie counts. Most vegetables are low – courgettes, tomatoes, lettuce, peppers, spinach etc. Items that shocked me as to how high they were pasta, biscuits and olive oil.

I looked at 4 things in food- sugar, calories, fat and carbohydrates. Pineapple, dried fruit are ones that almost caught me out.

When I shopped I noted that in the products marked “Lighter” usually have higher salt or sugar than the normal product so watch out its not always simple. Sometimes the normal product looks healthier than the “lite” or “lighter”. It’s a decision that you will have to make but watch out Lower Fat, Lighter, Lite are not always what they seem.

So here goes.

I did well still do my fast days on Monday and Wednesday

I cut out potatoes almost completely – only had a small amount in 30 days.
    Only had pasta on 2 days

Fallen off the wagon so to speak and had Cheddar Cheese on 2 days – about 50 grams on each occasion and on those occasion with 2 medium size glasses of wine. That’s on top of the 2 I had during the week.

In a normal week I only have 2 pints when I go the pub with friends on Thursday and 2 glasses of wine over the weekend.

I found it very difficult to start off with 1st and 2nd week fasting on fasting days. 3rd and 4th ok but still hungry.

I am bloated the day after fasting and look as though I had a large meal and yet i haven’t I have been fasting.

In the evening of the fasting day I have either a salad with toms, lettuce, 6 olives, drained tuna in brine (it’s a big bowl) or I have chicken (60 grams) with mountain or roasted courgettes and peppers, and French beans.

Also on my fast days only have herbal tea – 1st and 2nd week I found that by cutting out sugar and milk (from normal tea and coffee) I lost more weight.

Also on fast days I get on a running machine to do 250 cal of exercise which is about 28 mins.

At the beginning I really didn’t want to weight myself but in the first 2 weeks without wanting to be crude I lost a lot of weight because I think my stomach was emptying and for once it was getting a break from more food. That is why I think that in the first 10 days I lost 3.1 Kg or almost about 7 Ibs

I have fluctuated and I kept a record of weight, what I have eat, and how I felt.

Also just in case please do your own research and don’t necessarily follow what I have put here – I am simply sharing my rather long story.

I intend to do another month and again measure – but hope fully give encouragement. I also kept a log of slip ups i.e. having a take away curry, and how I felt – rumblings in the stomach, tiredness etc.

To give you an idea here is some info:

Started August 5, 2013
    Weighed: 238Ibs
    Fat was 31.2%
    Visceral fat was 12.
    BMI was about 31.
    Stomach: 44.5 inches
    Neck: 17

September 5, 2013
    Weigh: 223Ibs
    Fat: 28.5%
    Visceral fat was 11.
    BMI was about 28.6.
    Stomach: 39.5 inches
    Neck: 16

Total Loss 15.8 Ibs in 30 days.

Good luck and apologies for the long entry

Wow, nice stats! 😀
    Especially good is to see the “Week by week weight loss over 6 months”. That does make me feel encouraged! You kind of know what to expect, which is indeed that the weight loss will slow down, but the weight does still continue dropping.

Really good for anyone to see, who starts out with this. And especially those, who feel frustrated over plateaus or not dropping weight so dramatically.

Ta very much for that link!

hi, Beavergong 🙂

u made my day
    even though i can’t take the credit
    u still gave me a smile & fortified me
    2day & that is worth allot

Moogie

makes sense about the 6/1

is there a separate section on what is the staying power of this lifestyle

where is the ‘maintenance’ option?

still thanks 4 this site it is very helpful & u gave us an encouragment 2 stay in this

& as
    finn said
    “especially those, who feel frustrated over plateaus or not dropping weight so dramatically.”

so now it’s been 7 months
    on 2 4ever
    cool

inputting ur link again 2 benefit others

here’s the link to our data from almost 3,500 users so far:

The maintenance option is something for registered users of the tracker, when they add their weigh in data they can select whether they are trying to maintain or trying to lose weight. So for example if they go away on holiday and aren’t going to fast but merely trying to maintain they can select a temporary period of maintenance so it doesn’t throw the stats off!

In terms of staying power, registered users are able to filter the stats on that page, so by using the ‘length of time on diet’ option you can get an idea of how many users have been doing it for different lengths of time.
    The main set of pie charts available to everyone also shows a chart for how long people have been following this way of eating.

It’s free to join and everyone is very welcome to add their data to improve our stats & our understanding of how well the method works for different types of people. There are various extra charts, filters & calculations provided when you’re adding your own data so you can keep an eye on your personal journey as well as the bigger picture!

Moogie

found my old login id

went in 2 calculate
    mean average of 0.77lbs lost per member per week

wooo hooo 🙂

it turns out i’m higher than average

so my .8213 loss per week
    after 7 months is better yay 🙂

moogie

i mean what a mess whaaaaa

ur site said

Well done! You’ve lost 232.01lbs since starting your diet 26 weeks 6 days ago (your start date to last recorded weigh in). That’s a mean average of 8.638lbs lost per week.
    Your last recorded weigh in was on Friday 6th September 2013. Your BMI score has gone down by 39.61 points in total. Well done!

it has me as

5 feet 4 inches
    Diet Start Date Saturday 2nd March 2013
    Diet Type 5:2
    Start Weight 30 stone 5lbs (425lbs)!!!!!!!!!!!!

when i was 218lbs
    and now 193 lbs

what a mess
    & i can not edit it 🙁

oh well i guess u have great stats now
    wrong 1’s though ugh

Looks like you must have typo’d something in your initial stats – it seems you may have entered selected kg but entered a figure of lbs or something. I can certainly adjust them for you if you message me at my forum so I have your username and I’d be very happy to make sure this is amended and isn’t impacting the overall stats too much!

Just letting you know I’ve amended that data for you now 🙂 Thankfully it hadn’t been throwing the calculations for the overall stats off at all as you hadn’t entered any other data until this weekend! Think I’ve also got some code in place to ignore any unrealistically high data too.

Your site looks great I’ve had to go and join 🙂

thanks Moogie

good idea the code

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply.