Any 18-25 fasters on here.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Any 18-25 fasters on here.

This topic contains 85 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  Jsykar 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 36 posts - 51 through 86 (of 86 total)

• Hello I’m Loryn 🙂 I’m 20 and I started today hoping to lose some weight. I’m 180cm tall and from Australia. I’m glad to meet other people around my age and I wish everyone luck in their journeys 🙂 hoping I can stick to this properly and be persistant!

@simcoeluv, Thank you!

@thelofenator, Hi Loryn! I’m sure you can do it!

For an update, after I fasted yesterday, I weighed myself and lost 1 lb, 2 oz! It could be just water weight, but if it stays off throughout the week, I’ll be pretty happy with that.

Hi guys!

I’m a 22 year old female starting this diet tomorrow! I’m a little worried I’ll end up eating more than 500 calories and will be starving. I’m not technically overweight but my BMI is on the higher end of the spectrum so would like to lose at least 7lbs. Any tips any of you could give me would be great!

Thanks,
    Siobhan

Hi welcome 🙂
    I think one thing to keep in mind if you over do a fast day is that you haven’t ruined it completely. Just pick yourself up and keep going or just continue eating that day and try the fasting again the next day. And remember the day will be over soon! Lots and lots of water too. And food wise I tend to just eat a LOT of vegetables – 500 calories of broccoli with lemon is very filling.

I skipped a week and actually gained 1kg back which is annoying but I’m back on it this week and fasting today. I’ve also just joined a gym which I’ll be going to on my non fast days – starting there tomorrow!

Hey guys, its been a while. Travelled to Spain for 6 days and gained a whooping 5 lbs. feel so bad. Its now a week plus since I’ve been back and I’ve only lost 1 lb. I’m having issues getting recommitted to the program. This is weird as I know this works for me and I should continue but I’m just so tired. Of what? I don’t really know.

It might not help that whenever I have tried to have a 500 kcal fast day I get really terrible headaches and feel so weak. This has happened on three occasions and results in me just giving up and eating.

Before I travelled I lost 13.8 lbs on this lifestyle. Any advice? @simcoeluv

Hi Jsykar:

The answers that work for most people are to drink more water and eat some salt. Many find salt laden bouillon to be a good low cal combination. People that continue with 5:2 usually find their headaches go away.

Here are some other tips: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/. Number 7 addresses your weight gain. The gain basically comes from the carbs you ate or drank. You will lose it quite quickly if you get back on 5:2.

Good Luck!

@jyskar : I am in the exact same position – lost a couple kg’s and then fell off the wagon a little. I’m getting back into the swing of things this upcoming week though so join me in that if you like! We can complain together 🙂

@maddystella so relieved I’m not alone in this. Is there a way we can talk more on other social media. Keep one another in check. Do you mind?

I know it can be so disheartening – especially when you lose a bit of weight and think yes it’s happening! I don’t actually have any social media (I must be the only 22 year old without Facebook/Instagram etc!) but am happy to email or private message if you have my fitness pal? Would love someone to help keep me in check and vice versa! X

@maddystella Yes exactly. I thought this is finally going to happen. Anyway, I have my fitness pal username is @jsykar. What’s yours?

Mine is maddystella577 – I can’t suss how to add people on it so if you know how then definitely add me!

Hi @maddystella apparently you can only add using Facebook or email. This is another of my email, if you email me using this, I can send you my main email or we can just use it. It’s cabellouk@gmail.com.

Hi all,

I’m a 24 y/o in Leeds, trying the 5:2 for the first time, hoping to lose 5st in total, though I think this might be a little over optimistic!

I got down to about 11st 5 previously on the dukan diet but as soon as I stopped I put all the weight back on (and then some!!)

I’m doing my first ever fast day tomorrow – I’ve planned out my full menu for the day so I’m prepared!

I was just wondering whether any of you exercise on your fast days and do you find it more difficult? And how do you calculate what your calories should be on your non-fast days?

Any help/ongoing contact/support would be amazing!!

Hi Bobbleton:

Exercise is not necessary for you to lose weight, and I recommend you follow the diet for awhile and lose 10 or 20 pounds first before you begin to exercise.

You can get an estimate of how many calories to eat on your non diet days by computing your TDEE (see How It Works, at the top of the page). You should initially stay at or below your estimated TDEE on non diet days, and focus on eating 5/600 cal. or less on your diet days.

This thread has answers to most questions that will come up as you go forward with 5:2: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Welcome @bobbleton, I find that the way to succeed on 5:2 is to take it one day at a time sort of like a lifestyle change. Don’t sweat the mistakes and just keep going forward.

As @simcoeluv said, calculating your tdee and following it on your non-fast days is the ideal way.

On exercise, I tend to do an hour on fast days, nothing too tedious or exhausting. I burn between 700 to 900kcals. Mostly home workouts. Oh and I do mine immediately I wake up before I start feeling the effects of fasting.

Good luck.

Thanks @jsykar and @simcoeluv for the advice – I run (fairly) regularly normally and don’t want the diet to have too much of an impact on my current running habits (it’s a miracle that I go when I do!) so I’m still going to go for a run tomorrow but only do 35 mins or so and see how I get on.

I followed your advice and calculated my TDEE which has come out as 2100 which Im quite surprised by and am very happy with as I think I’ll be able to stick to this fairly easily…I’m feeling positive!

I plan to do my first weigh in on Friday (fasting on Monday and Thursday) so I will keep an eye on the forum and let you know how I get on!

Thanks again for the advice 🙂

Hello, I’ve been doing this for a week now. It all went swimmingly, lost 2.5lbs which I’m pleased with. I’d previously been on a calorie restricted diet of 1400 cals and I don’t feel any hungrier on the fast days than I did on that! I’d previously lost 6lbs in a month (8.5 in total, want to lose 36) on the 1400 cals but I was losing faith. Now that I’m allowed to eat my 1900 cals on feast days I feel guilty and scared that I’ll undo it all! Love this thread. X

So far so good. Started my week on Sunday.

2 fast days down. 1 non fast day down. Kinda of over indulged on my non fast day but I know I’ll do better tomorrow (another fast day).

Hopefully, I lose 2 to 4 lbs this week.

Hey jsykar I tried adding it via email but it kept coming back saying error – il try again tomorrow as I’d definitely love someone to moan to about how hungry I get haha.

Good to hear you’re back on track! I haven’t done a proper fast day this week but my appetite has been minimal so I’ve only been eating around 1000 cals a day anyway. Not great I know but if I’m not hungry I’m not going to force myself! Though in saying that I’m sure il be ravenous as usual again soon ha. I think I need to start scheduling fast days again, it’s just hard because as soon as I say no eating I’m starving. But if I think just a normal day I can go til dinner without eating or a second thought… My sub conscious is like a petulant little child… 🙁

Hello @maddystella, send me a normal email from your email account.

You’re easing yourself back into it, I suppose you’ll be back to fast days in no time.

Hi all, first day fasting (tried Monday but failed at about 7.30 because there was chocolate cake & cream in my fridge- it is now empty!). So, have managed so far (its 14.30), had a boiled egg after my swim this morning and then have just had water and a couple of cups of tea so far and have salmon and veg planned for later so fingers crossed today is a sucessful day.

I’m 5’6″ and am currently about 178lbs so lots to lose, am aiming for about 40-50 lbs depending on how I feel when I get closer (I was about 135lbs 2 years ago). I made a NY resolution to lose the weight this year and so far haven’t lost any so have now got to do it in the next 6 months. Its my birthday at the end of the month, am going to a festival at the end of aug and am going on holiday with 2 very skinny friends at the end of september so lots of events to keep me motivated but also events that could get me off track so mixed feelings about them!

My username on myfitnesspal is fcordingley if anyone wants to add me.

So happy. Finally down to my pre-holiday weight. Lost 6.2 lbs this week. I’ve never lost that much in a week.

My determination is stronger after this. I can do this.

Hey all!
    I’m a 20 year old student so would be great to hear from people who might also be studying and dealing with the stress of people drinking four or more times a week :p
    I’ve been 80 kilos at my lowest but gained 30 kilos during my alevels so now I’m looking to lose around 45 kilos with this lifestyle and keep it off! I’ve got a timeline of roughly 11 months but will see what happens
    I used to be very active so hoping to get back to that whilst doing 4:3, will update you with results when I finish my first week of this new change!

Hi!!! I’m 22 from Australia. I have done 5’2 last year and went from around 66kg down to 63kg and was pretty happy at that weight. (5’9 – 175cm) I’m back at it after going travelling and gaining weight eating yummy food! (No regrets!) Had a succesful fast day Monday and am fasting again today (Wednesday) – was 69.8 kg Monday morning, weighed this morning after my ‘feast’ day and was 69.0kg! Woohoo! I’m not weighing until the end of next week because I get disheartened when there are fluctuations in the scales 🙂

Hope people don’t mind me butting in here as technically I’m a couple of years outside of the age range (28) but nice to find a thread of people of a similar age. I’m a Brit living in Spain.

I was gradually picking up weight for the last year or so and got a bit of a shock in May when I weighed in at 87 kilos. I’m 178cm (5’10) and over the last 2 months I’ve been working on shedding some of my excess fat. I’m down to 79 kilos now but thanks to a friend just discovered the 5:2 and the associated (potential) health benefits.

What I’ve tried to do over the last 2 months is work on changing my lifestyle rather than just dieting. Therefore my mindset is: if I go up a kilo of so over the course of a week of eating/holiday/boozing then so be it, so long as my general trend is downwards. I figure I want to enjoy life so of that includes food and drink every now and again so be it. Just be sure to get back on plan afterwards.

I’m on my second fast today, trying alternate days initially, hoping to hit low 70kgs, but more importantly lose the belly fat and test out the health benefits.

Good luck everyone!!

Hi all,I hope you are all well. I am returning to this thread for some MUCH needed support-I am at my heaviest weight I’ve ever been,I was shocked when I got in to the scales but also not surprised that my bad habits have caught up with me. I am going away with friends 1st Oct so I have around 50 days to lose 24 lbs *GULP* I have eased my self in with a 2 day fast day this week..first fast day together.
    @barters50 welcome! What you said struck a cord with me-you said as long as the general trend is downwards that’s ok, I tend to get unbelievable disheartened if I even gain 1lb so I’m trying to work on that. Hope everyone else is well.

Hi!
    I’m a 23 year old female in the UK I’m 5ft6″ and currently weigh 10stone 3lbs (143lbs) and hoping to get down to 9stone (126lbs) by the beginning of October, I think this is quite a reasonable expectation? What do you all think?

It’s really inspiring reading all of your posts and would love to share our progress and any difficulties we may have!

Gemma xx

Hey there, I am a 25yo girl living in Canada. 🙂 I have been doing this for a week, this is my fourth fast day. So far not sure how I feel about this diet, probably because I am still adjusting to the changes! But I do like the energy I feel the day following a fast day. I am currently 140lbs on the dot, and would like to hit 120-125lbs, am 5’2! I had a baby and gained a lot of weight from bed rest. I’ve lost 30lbs dieting the “old fashioned way” but I am just so sick of every day strict calories. I am trying to hit 125lbs for November for a wedding I am going to.

I look forward to checking back in this thread for everyone’s progress, keep it up!

Kat

Hello! Welcome everyone new 🙂

I am still trying to lose around 50lbs… god it’s hard. It’s very disheartening as I have been quite good in terms of eating but no weight loss. I think I need to start eating cleaner which will hopefully help. plus my actual fast days aren’t great I just tend to not eat until around 5pm and then have a couple snacks and a big dinner each night which is just my natural eating habit. so it can’t be that many calories and my body is still fasting each day sort of, so I don’t know what’s going wrong! but I’ll keep working at it.

I’d ideally like to lose 20kg by end of the year and then another 5-10kg before March when I’m planning on having surgery (breast lift and implants, don’t worry I want them very natural looking I’ve just hated them all my life and I’m presuming with weight loss they’ll only get worse argh)

Would be great if everyone could say how many calories and what they eat on a regular day and also on a fast day? I’d love to know what is working for others!

xx

Hi again!

I’ve just completed my first week of fasting (5:2) and have gone from 10st 3lbs to 10st which I’m very happy about, though also very aware I probabably won’t continue to lose at this rate!

@maddystella hi! I am also intrigued to know what others eat on fast/non fast days. Yesterday for my fast I skipped breakfast and was going to try and go all the way through to dinner but I just enjoy lunchtime too much! So I made a carrot/lentil soup from scratch and weighed all the ingredients to find it comes out at only 142kcal per portion (and that was over estimating) so I had that, also a cuppa soup later on in the day and some chicken breast (I have cooked up a whole chicken for myself so there is something healthy/protein rich to grab of I’m having a weak moment) so in total my fast day came to 485kcal which I’m happy with, what does everyone else have on a fast day?

Gemma xx

Hi Maddystella and Gemma,well done both of you on your progress so far 🙂 I know Maddystella it’s hard not to get disheartened but don’t give up. Well as I say I’m currently at my heaviest 🙁 started Tuesday and done 1 fast day: Tues: Fast day- B: Porridge (40gs)made with water and 20gs blueberries =total breakfast 62cals. Then I fast for 8 hours until dinner- in between I have water, herbals teas and coffee (I’m anxious to add milk as I read it raises insulin levels and takes you your body out of fast mode?) Then I did a fasted cardio/weights and dinner was chicken breast (172cals), chilli flakes (8cals), tuna (40gs-47), 2 cherry tomatoes(6cals) and a mixed veg bag (49cals) dinner cals =282 calories and with coffee/herbal teas so total for the day 465 calories. Today is non fast-B: 1 egg, 2 whites,tuna and broccoli (yeah I know! not my first choice but keeping carbs down as I have a deadline) snack: 12 almonds lunch: Turkey breast and salad and dinner: Salmon and veg and I did a fasted cardio before breakfast..it’s time consuming weighing food and I’m sure people will laugh at me but otherwise I over eat. I hope this helps at the risk of being laughed at lol!
    Maddystella how long have you been on the plan?

sorry I mean 162 calories for breakfast not 62!

Hi guys,

@harpreet – all is good thanks.

I weigh daily and I’ve discovered that depending on when I weigh myself my weight can fluctuate between ~170-174 lbs. It all depends how late I ate the night before, whether I had booze or not, whether I’d done weights or cardio the previous day etc etc. However (long term view) back at the beginning of May it was fluctuating between 187-191 lbs, so I figure that so long as I keep this up, by October/November time I shall hopefully be fluctuating between 155 – 159 lbs :).

I find this thought process equally as motivating as the lb by lb approach and just set myself specific goals which I move as my weight changes e.g. currently it’s don’t weigh over 175 lbs (~80kgs) again. It also means I don’t beat myself up if I’m a pound or two heavier on any specific day.

My fast days tend to be the flip of many others in that I have breakfast and lunch and then don’t eat again until the following breakfast time. Generally I have a bowl of chopped fruit in the morning & some protein and salad for lunch. I’ve found it works well for me as I don’t generally get in from work until after 7pm so I’m normally rushed for dinner anyway. Non-fast days I’ve decided to do what I like, however during the week it tends to be same as fast days (fruit then salad and chicken/salmon) but just with dinner added. Weekends it’s tapas, curries and pizzas ;).

Hello guys, hope everyone is doing alright?

on a non-fast related issue:

I turn 20 on Sunday and it looks like I am going to be spending it alone. Don’t know what to do, any suggestions/support would be great.

Helloo 🙂 I’ve been doing okay, have been sick and also travelling the past few weeks so not much of a change as I’d like but baby steps I suppose.

Happy birthday for Sunday! You could go for a nice walk, have a duvet day (spend it in PJs watching movies), go shopping? How come you’ll be alone for it? That’s no fun.

Xx

Hi @maddystella, aww hope you’re feeling better.

Thanks dear, looking at having a spa day and just saw coupons for hot yoga sessions. Well all my close friends and family that I’d like to spend the day with travelled or moved to a different country. No one gets back for like 2 weeks.

Viewing 36 posts - 51 through 86 (of 86 total)

You must be logged in to reply.