2 and a half stone to lose. Lets go!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
2 and a half stone to lose. Lets go!

This topic contains 15 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  calannra 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

• Hi everyone.

A bit about me…

22 years old about to graduate from university. Gained about 3 stone since 2009 when my dad was diagnosed with cancer. Definitely an emotional eater!! So went from 8 stone to around 11 stone. University hasnt helped, all the drinking and being able to eat what I like!

My stats are:

BMI – 26.4
    BMR – 1444
    TDEE – 1985

I would like to lose some weight for my graduation and holiday in the coming weeks but don’t want set a target as I’m unsure on how much weight I will lose in 4/10 weeks and want to continue to do this for the rest of my life hopefully!

I saw the Horizon programme two years ago and recently bought the book too. I have tried doing it for three weeks but found temptation took over and have found it difficult in my last month of uni (a lot of partying…)

My stats have worried me a little and from generally feeling a bit down about my appearance/lack of energy/low moods have decided to kick my butt in gear, make a forum and hopefully track my progress with others to keep me motivated!

I am starting tomorrow and will do three fast days next week, probably Monday, Wednesday and Friday. But the beauty of this is you can change the fast days if you need to!

I look forward to meeting some of you during my weight loss journey 🙂

Good luck on that! Just keep us posted.

Thank you!

Hi and Welcome calannra:

Here are some tips for those just starting: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/warnings-to-newbies/

Good Luck!

Hi Calannra.

Today is my first day fast day ever!

I too am an emotional eater 🙁
    I normally healthy eat for a few weeks, something happens in my life that stresses me out and I’ll then binge eat for a few weeks and undo all my hard work!

I am hoping the 5 2 plan will help me combat this!
    I’m going to weigh myself one a week and try and be relaxed about it ( I can be a little obsessive 😉 )

Let me know how you’re getting on?

Good luck.

Em

Hows it going so far Em?

I unfortunately havent even started. I don’t even have an excuse, I guess I just need to stick to a routine, and stop swapping my fast days around.

I always like to start ‘diets’ on a Monday and a new week, so from tomorrow I will be starting 🙂

I reckon Mondays and Thursdays will be my fast days.

Will keep this forum posted 🙂

Morning 🙂
    This is my fourth week. I’m fasting today, hoping it goes ok but I have my boy home from school for summer so I think it will be more difficult!
    I’ve stuck to 500 calories on fast days and 1800 on normal days. Some days I’ve found it difficult to eat 1800 as I’m so used to a low fat WW style diet!
    Anyway I’ve lost about 10lbs, I’m vv happy 🙂

I hope your first day goes well, let me know!
    My top tip is to save your calories for the evening!

Ps if you’re a facebook-er there’s a great group called 5:2 lifestyle 🙂

Well done thats amazing!

I think the problem with me is a lack of routine. Also I fasted today and I noticed how many people ask me either; do you want to go to the pub/go for a drink later or do you want to go to a bbq/go out for dinner?

I usually would say yes, so I’m struggling a tad so say no to the temptation and keep reminding myself I can ‘relax’ a bit on a non-fast day.

So today I had weetabix for breakfast, then chicken and roasted veg for a late dinner.

Thanks for the facebook group suggestion, I’ve just joined 🙂

Fasting today.

Going to just have dinner and sip on water/coffee until then.

Dinner is going to be mackerel with roasted veggies.

Then that will be my fasting done for the week! 🙂

Congrats!! That’s great!

I am on my second fast this week, it 5pm so not long now!

I get massive headaches on fast days though 🙁

Let me know if you’ve lost anything!?

Will do 🙂 Although it is probably unlikely as I am going on holiday on Thursday and am going to hit this hard once I’m back. Going to do ‘casual’ fasts while I’m away but I do want to relax a bit while I’m there 🙂

I got headaches too, I think its caffeine withdrawals? I dont really drink coffee much but drink a lot of tea!

Hope you had a lovely weekend 🙂

Have a great holiday! Are you going somewhere nice?!

I’m going to fast today, I’m up already (it’s 5am) so it’s going to be a looonnngg day!!

To Spain 🙂 I am very excited and as soon as I get back I start my new job! So once I am back the routine will be happening!

I think I may do 4:3 for a few weeks and see how that pans out.

Good luck! Yes that seems like a very long day!

How was your holiday?! How did you get on food wise?!

I’m doing ok, just going to bed after 2nd fast this week. I’m doing three this week as I’ve been a bit naughty for the past fortnight!

I’m down 13lbs in total so pretty happy with that 🙂 in 7 weeks!

Holiday was lovely thank you! However it was very lavish and I have put weight on.

Am going to start my first fast on Monday next week. Really looking forward to it actually.

How have you got on so far?

Well done, thats an amazing achievement!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply.