Would really appreciate some help! About calories on non-fasting days

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Different approaches to intermittent fasting
Would really appreciate some help! About calories on non-fasting days

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eastfieldcricket 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi would really appreciate some help with this one!

Have been on 5:2 for about 3 weeks and all good so far.

I was just wondering whether or not it’s crucial to hit your TDDE (or rather go just under it) on non-fast days. Most explainers recommend 500 cals 2 days and TDDE non-fast days. My TDDE is about 1,750, but I’m just finding that I’m not really filling up so have been coming in between 1,200 and 1,500 most days. Is that ok? Will that give me better results than hitting 1,750, or is having such a low calorie intake each day mucking up the science of fasting?

Thank you

Hi KatieKing,

I don’t think going over or under TDDE threatens the fasting benefits as you are doing the fasts. To increase the benefits of fasting so the TDEE boundary matters even less you could try extending the fasting time by following a 16:8 or better fasting window. See Bert Herrings Appetite Control and The Fast Diet Magic Book by Caitlin Collins.

Good Luck.

Thank you. My TDDE us about 1,750 and I’m aiming for 1,650. Unfortunately have had a bit of a rubbish week this week, have fasted sunday and tuesday using the 16:8 method, both slightly under 500 callories each time, and unfortunately no weight loss since friday. Hasn’t been long enough to start getting super worried but is a bit disheartening

Do read the Magic book. She has some great ideas.
    Forget about rubbish days. I have been on the 5:2 since April 2015 and lost 28K so far but the graph of my progress is a zillion miles from smooth. Each time I sat on a plateau I did a no eating day and went for a long walk if possible.
    The joy the next morning from losing a lb or even 2 gives me just the lift I need to keep going.
    The other thing I love is giving away an item of clothing that is way too big for me. It is a reward and a promise to myself that I will never need it again.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.