WLS Sleeve patient

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  MItravelgirl 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• In 2011 I had weight loss surgery, procedure called the Sleeve. This is a medical procedure that really simply put, reduces the size of your stomach. During that time I successfully lost 75 pounds. I’m saying that to say.. my daily calorie intake is closer to 1200 – 1000 calories a day.. therefore my fast days are less than 500 calories.

are there any articles or science found related to WLS Sleeve patients and IF (5:2) plan. The plan is very easy for me to adhere to the fasting days since the smaller stomach is a great tool that doesn’t allow me to eat too much and helps control my hunger. However.. weight loss is still a normal battle. the surgery is not a magic bullet as some might think. I still must follow the correct healthy and controlled eating plan. For the past two years I have successfully maintained by 75 weight loss. At this time I’m using 5:2 to go down to my desired goal weight.

looking for other sleeved patients on this forum to offer advice.

looking for support not judgment.

hi redflame, im not in your situation nore do i have any infomation, i just wanted to wish you all the best on your journey x

Well done on maintaining your weight loss – that’s great.
    Have you tried increasing your exercise plan?

Thanks Lindaw but I really hate excersise. I do try to walk in the fall.my weekends are very active Don’t mind if I lose slow

Thanks Lindaw but I really hate excersise. I do try to walk in the fall.my weekends are very active Don’t mind if I lose slow. Hoping I can do this without lots of excersise. More control and healthy eating

Well you must be doing something right as its working for you!
    I hate exercise too, I don’t mind walking though and enjoy using Wii Fit in the privacy of my home. I just hate the way the Wii board says ‘ouch’ as I stand on it!
    Keep it up Redflame.

Hi redflame625 Your post was a long time ago so not sure if you will receive this. I too had the vertical sleeve and your absolutely right its no magic bullet. I have today started the 5:2 hoping it will get me back on track. If you are interested I would be happy to share progress and to hear of your journey.

Tikvah I also had the VSG (06/23/15). I am looking to start IF and would love to connect with other WLS patients who do IF. Have you started the 5:2? If so I have some questions for you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.