What times give best results?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  leonmoch 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Hi, I am new here but would like to know if time makes much difference to weight loss. I was thinking of doing my fast days 2pm – 2pm . I thought I could have a normal lunch at 1pm start at 2pm, then just spread my fast over one evening meal and breakfast and then have a late lunch at 2pm the following day. Has anyone tried this? Or does it just work however the 24 hours is made up?

Someone more experienced may be able to help more. But as I understand it, it is more like a 36 hour day. Your last meal is your evening meal, the following day you have your 500 calories and you don’t eat normally until breakfast the next day. Not sure how a 24 hour fast would work, perhaps slower weight loss and reduced benefits.

Hi lizzyie and welcome:

A ‘day’ runs from midnight to midnight. So to lose weight doing 2 pm to 2 pm, you have to eat less than your TDEE on each of the two days covered by your 24 hour diet period. How much less you eat on those four days each week will dictate how much/fast you will lose.

Here are some tips – number 6 addresses 24 hour period diets: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Thanks for your replies, I have the Fast Diet book and it says you can do a 2pm-2pm in there with no mention of results – thanks for the link simcoeluv, I will get reading!

Also check out the faq above on whether a fast day is 24 or 36 hours. I think the important thing is you find something that works for your lifestyle and that you can keep to. Good luck in whatever way you decide to work it. But this is what it says if it helps.

In reality a fast day is 36 hours. If you finish your last full evening meal at 7.30pm on Sunday, then Monday is your fast day, you are not going to be eating normally till Tuesday morning 7.30am. That is 36 hours. If you decide instead to fast from 2pm on Monday until 2pm on Tuesday, then that will only be 24 hours. Wait till 7pm and that is 29 hours. To do 36 hours you would have to hold off till 2am on Wednesday, which would be a little inconvenient

one other thought. I also like the 2 to 2 approach because it allows a normal lunch. This is what I’m doing. Last night I had a normal full dinner that finished at 7pm. Today I woke and only have black coffee and liquids until 2pm. At 2pm I ate salmon and spinach and some lentil soup. I am counting this meal as my full 500k for the day. I will now not eat anything until tomorrow.

My question is, since I went from 7 pm last night with only having 500k until 7pm tonight then by morning that means the fast should be over right? I believe that gives me 36 hrs…yes?

Hi desperate:

It sounds like you are doing 5:2.

For 5:2, you go to bed (say on Monday), get up (Tuesday), eat 500 calories during your waking hours, go to bed, get up (Wednesday morning) and eat ‘normally’. If you do that, you will be eating 500 calories in 32-36 hours depending on the timing of your dinner, and then breakfast two days later. I think that is what you say you are doing – which is 5:2.

Here are some tips: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/. Number 6 addresses what it appears you are talking about, which is time between meals, or ’24 hour’ fasts. I’m not sure.

Good Luck!

Hi. I started my weight loss efforts about five months ago and have so far lost a stone and six pounds. My method has been calorie restriction with optimal nutrition coupled with exercising. My heart rate monitor watch has helped tremendously in keeping track of my efforts on a daily basis.

I’m set to start on the 5:2 diet today. What I plan to do is to eat my skinny yogurt concoction amounting to about 100 cal for breakfast (at 8.30am) and eating two whole Indian mackerels boiled in spicy Asian broth with butterhead leaves and a dip amounting to about 350 cal for lunch. I normally have lunch at 12.30pm and I intend to abstain from food after the fish lunch until 12.30pm the following day. The last normal meal I had before starting with the breakfast today was dinner last night at about 9.30pm.

I hope this works out fine for me as the timing fits into my schedules on Mondays and Thursdays. However, I’m unsure if my calculation above is considered a 39-hour fast (9.30pm Sunday to 12.30pm Tuesday with a 24-hour window without any food from 12.30pm Monday to 12.30pm Tuesday) or a 28-hour fast (8.30am Monday (at breakfast) to 12.30pm Tuesday with a 24-hour window without any food from 12.30pm Monday to 12.30pm Tuesday).

Any idea anyone? Thanks loads and good luck to all trying this out or already practising it regularly.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.