What do you eat on the other 5 days?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Meal plans and meals
What do you eat on the other 5 days?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Santony 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi there fellow Fast Dieters…

What is everyone eating on their non-fast-days? I was just eating ‘whatever’ without bingeing, and not seeing results on the scales. I have since been told to look at my TDEE as this is the maximum calories I could have on my other 5 days… Its a little concerning when a simple sandwich can clock up calories!! I don’t really relish the idea of having lettuce everyday (or counting calories everyday!)!!! So I would appreciate any ideas or tips from everyone.

Thanks! 🙂

Hi Santony:

It looks like you just started 5:2. I’m not sure what you were expecting, but over time you will lose about a pound a week on average. Some weeks you won’t lose any, and some you will lose more than a pound.

But, if you are concerned that you are not losing weight fast enough for your timetable, then the answer is don’t count calories on your non diet days, just eat less!

The less you eat, the more you lose.

Good Luck!

If you’re going to eat as much as you like on feed days then you won’t lose much weight. I eat as much as I like on feed days, usually in the evening, and I’m lucky if I lose a pound a week (and I’m on alternate day fasting!)
    A modicum of restraint is needed on feed days but not so much that it feels restrictive.

Hi Santony,

You cant treat it as a free for all, its not a magic bullet. I found that the longer I did 5:2 the less I was tending to eat on my non fast days. I also naturally gravitated away from bread and sugary foods without even realising it. I eat a lot of tuna, some chicken, lots of legumes, green vegetables like broccoli, peas, lettuce etc, tomatoes. Lots of real cheese (not the processed stuff).

As an example dinner I’ll have a bowl with: 100g tuna, chopped up lettuce, tomatoes, small red onion, capsicum, black olives, cucumber, some chick peas, with a table spoon of olive oil and a vinegar based dressing (choose a low sugar one!) for a bit of kick.

For breakfast or lunch I’ll have high fat low sugar natural yogurt with a handful of almonds or walnuts and some blueberries of strawberries. Pick berries over other fruits as the sugar content is lowest amongst the berry fruits. The high fat yogurt satiates you and you wont get a big glucose spike which means you wont get a big insulin spike which means your body wont be attempting to store the calories as fat.

Stay away from anything with high sugar content! Hope that helps.

Thank you everyone – especially bigbooty with your menu.. It’s given me a clearer direction of what to choose for my meals.

And I like the mantra – the less you eat the more you lose. I think I might tattoo that on my brain!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.