What about this i.f.?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  davidfitness46 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• ADF : That’s nil by mouth one day (except water, black tea, coffee), the next day just one three course evening meal. Haven’t actually done it yet but thought I’d give it a shot. I seem to enjoy the challenge. Is this enough intake? 45:3 fast! !

You are on your own with that. Way too restrictive.
    I love food & eating – that sounds like a form of punishment to me.

You can see I had this idea in the middle of the night. Easier said than done. If I’m going out socially, I can’t not eat or drink. I wonder what Michael thinks.

If you eat sufficient calories in your one meal you should survive. However that is how we used to feed our dog – 1 meal a day.
    🙂
    Sometimes middle of the night ideas are brilliant, other times not so much.
    Good to think outside the square.

Yes, on reflection, It’s a bit OTT. Once I get down to my optimal weight (12stone), I’ll do the 5:2 with my 600 cal fast days. I saw two copies of fast diet recipe book in the library today. Still haven’t actually achieved a 45:3 yet; maybe tomorrow if I last til 7 pm! I’m planning to live til I’m 150!

I am not sure where you got this from, but my understanding of ADF is based on Dr. Krista Varady’s “The Every Other Day Diet”, which has been referred to by Michael in his book. You do eat though on your fast days, but just 500/600 calories. Fast day is every second day.

I have done this for a couple of weeks and it works very well. Michael’s 5:2 is based on Varady’s research and it is just a variation of the above. He found ADF too restrictive to maintain for a longer period.

Stef.

It is the way of eating that was researched by Dr Varady, and has scientific research results, surely that speaks volumes?
    If it works then surely your body deserves to be treated with proven results?

I have no problem with one meal of 600 calories every other day, it’s actually easy after a couple of weeks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.