Went totally off the rails for a month, feeling so discouraged

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Support, chat and encourage
Went totally off the rails for a month, feeling so discouraged

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ohlala 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• I was in hospital (psych unit for adjustment of my depression medication) for a month where I was so good and kept to all my fast days but as soon as I got home it was as if I couldn’t stop eating. I ate and ate and all the wrong foods as well. I can’t even look at the scale but I can fell I have put on weight. I feel so despondent that I don’t even feel like carrying on….please help!

Pixienett, please don’t despair! You have been through a lot, so much more than even anyone can imagine!

An You made it through! You deserved a mini break for your perseverance and strength of character! Kudos to you!

So you gave in to a bit of bingeing. We all do it, trust me on that! For every post I made saying how I lost control, it was alot worse than I made it out to be.

So you just accept that you are human and move on. It is a normal, hormonal (internal body chemistry, not womanly kind!) reaction, not a personal failure. Here it is again….It is NOT a personal failure. You could no more resist those urges than a bear could resist hibernating.

So now you are here, and we have your back, and we aren’t going to focus on the past, right?! One foot in front of their. Baby steps. One little, tiny success at a time.

Enjoy your day, and we’ll talk soon!
    Your friend
    Fitnfast

Dear Fitnfast,

Thank you so very, very much for your kind words. I really appreciate it so much! I am so glad that I have support from people who understand how it feels!

I will keep reminding myself all day that its just one foot in front of the other and keep looking forward.

Thank you again,

Pixi

Hi Pixie

If you were a car, you’d be a project – by no means a complete right off but in need of some work – thing is with the right restoration you could be worth a fortune, maybe not as good as new, but better, so much better than bad.

You’be just had some essential adjustments done, during the adjustments the restoration was on going, and going quite well.

Then you’ve cocked up and flooded the engine!!!

Bugger, what to do

a). Take it to the scrappies. And forget about it!

b). Roll up your sleeves and get working, at least you’ve already done this stuff before, you realise you only need to redo part of it, and you actually know what you are doing now.

Of course if you choose b), eventually you’ll be glad you didn’t give up, and you learn the occasional flooding of the engine is a wee foible of this particular model!!!!

It so happens, as we are only human and prone to habbit.
    Hey dont beat yourself up to much, at least you know you have done it, that the first thing, now go forward and SMASH this Boom and the weight will start to go.
    Control take it, and you will feel so much better about things.
    Whne you complete a fast day say out loud I bloody did it well done, I do that all the time, and it works.
    We are all hear to support.
    Now you need to kick arse and sort it
    Good luck

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.