Weight loss

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  bigbooty 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Eating for weight loss should be a gradual and committed process consisting of a nutritionally balanced slim and a fit lifestyle.Crash diets, fad diets and all other extreme forms of dieting are not sensible methods of losing weight and can often lead to other fitness problems as a result of their unbalanced nature. Small and regular meals/snacks should help keep hunger at bay and provide sufficient energy to see you through your day.

Hi Elise,

Small and regular meals/snack? Really?! You must work for a food manufacturer and/ or big pharma?

Have you read the Fast Diet book, Elise? Intermittent fasting is part of a healthy way of life in case you missed that bit. I don’t see this as a Fad, but a fact!
    Yes a lot of fad diets aren’t good and can lead to an unbalanced diet and way of life. I would agree with you on that one. But this isn’t one of them or I wouldn’t be doing it!

Elise, I don’t believe this is the right audience for that outdated thinking. Thanks.

Hi Elise,

I wouldn’t describe 5:2 as a crash diet. Two days a week you eat less then your TDEE. The shortfall is supplied by your fat stores. A regimen of constant grazing means that your insulin will be constantly elevated. This prevents access to stored fats and means your panaceas is working real hard all the time. You are a prime candidate for type 2 diabetes. The phenomenon of constant grazing is a fairly new concept. Just ask your parents if they were constant grazers? In fact I will almost guarantee you would have been told this by your mum, “don’t snack you’ll ruin your appetite”. Funny how parents and grandparents had it so right and the current generation has got it so wrong.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.