"Water Fasting"

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  grburgess 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hey,

On fasting days, I feel it is easier just to just not eat anything instead of eating small meals at small calories, but is this okay to do? Have 0 calories, 2 days a week? Or do I need to have my 500/600 calories…?

Thanks

Hi lynxaxe and welcome:

Many eat nothing (water fast) on their diet days.

Here are some tips: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Hello everyone… I wish to find for myself a fasting buddy, tomorrow I’ll start my 7 days water fast.. Anyone interested? Please reply me… I can’t do it alone 😢😭

Hi lynxaxe,
    I agree with your idea of water fasting on the fasting day, but I do a cheat bulletproof fast on the second day to try to extend it to 48 hrs. I just drink a bulletproof coffee for breakfast, with 1 tablespoon of grass fed butter, and 2 tablespoons of MCT oil (brain octane) mixed in a blender, and that is enough to snuff out hunger and extend the fast and give me even energy. Of course, there are some calories in that fat, but it being fat, it almost has a zero effect on insulin, so the overall intent of the fast, and the longer fast is to make yourself more insulin resistant, get the benefit of huge surges of growth hormone, reset leptin, ghrelin and PYY hunger hormones.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.