Welcome to The Fast Diet › The official Fast forums › Food › Meal plans and meals › Warm Lentil and Avocado Salad with Feta and Rocket
This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by LittleWing 8 years, 3 months ago.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
12 Jun 13
Yum! This is actually something I used to cook often anyway but usually ate with a nice chunk of warm ciabatta bread, so just add this if you are cooking for a non-faster too!
385 calories per serving
* 2 red onions, peeled and cut into eighths
* 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
* 250g cherry tomatoes
* 2 ripe avocados
* 50g wild rocket
* 2 x 410g tins green lentils, drained
* 200g low-fat feta or Greek style cheese, crumbled
1. Preheat the oven to 200c, fan 180, gas 6.
2. Put the onions in a roasting tin and pour over the vinegar and 1tbsp water. Season and roast for 15 mins, stirring halfway through. (I add a little.olive oil at this stage if its looking a little dry).
3. Add tomatoes and cook for a further 10-12 mins until they burst.
4. Peel and cut the avocados into bite-sized pieces. Put into a large bowl with the rocket, drizzle over the olive oil and season.
5. Remove the tomatoes and onions from the oven and add the lentils, stirring well. (The heat of the tin will warm them through). Add the lentil mixture to the salad and mix in gently. Sprinkle over the feta and serve.
You must be logged in to reply.
Username or Email:
Track your weight and measurements, BMI and TDEE with our new tracker.
The Fast books are available throughout the world and in many different languages. Buy a copy today.
Michael is touring Australia this September! Here's a link to dates and tickets. Hope to see you there.
Michael Mosley gives an update for 2019, current research in the field and announces a tour starting in February.
Michael looks at the Horizon special, "What's the Right Diet for You" and tells us which diet they say is best for him.
• All featured posts •
in Weight loss • updated 7 minutes ago by MariaElena
in Recipes • updated 24 minutes ago by BagooMummy
in Weight loss • updated 1 hour, 34 minutes ago by Brads27
• All recent topics •
Copyright © 2021 Michael Mosley and Mimi Spencer
Technical questions or problems with the site? Please email our technical contact.