Variety in cooking, metric recipes

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Meal plans and meals
Variety in cooking, metric recipes

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Ingrid 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• First of all, I apologize to all of you who are raised as chefs on cups, ounces and lb. However, quite a large part of the world is using the metric system, and this includes me. Whenever I run into British or American recepes I need to convert all the measurements with help from a converter web site. I simply don’t have the time or patience for this. So I hope there are some other people on this forum who share my “predicament”.

I am looking for recepies for about 300-350 kcal per serving. So far I have only come up with three different meals (will share those of course)and I need more variation! Hope to read a lot of tasty recipes on this thread soon 🙂

Omelette with spinach, tomatoes and feta
    This is quite good I think

serves 1:
    1 egg
    1 teaspoon (5 ml) olive oil
    a small clove of garlic
    100 g of chopped spinach
    50 g cherry tomatoes
    75 g feta (half a package) crumled or cut into small cubes
    salt and black pepper, tabasco

Heat a small pan with the olive oil, add chopped garlic and spinach and let it fry for a couple of minutes. Add halfed tomatoes and leave it in the pan while stiring the egg with some salt and a few drops of tabasco. Add the egg to the pan and do what you ususlly do with an omelette.
    Add the feta to the top of the omelette. Reduce the heat, put a lid on the pan and let it cook for a minute or two so the feta melts slightly.
    Roll the omelette on to a plate and enjoy it immediately.

Hummus with cruiditées

I make the hummus for two servings:
    1 box of chick peas (total weight 380g, net weight 230 g) drained
    1-2 cloves of garlic
    30 ml extra virgine olive oil
    some ½ dl chopped parsley (optinal)
    salt, black pepper, cumin

Put the chick peas and garlic in the blender and mix until almost smooth. Add parsley, olive oil, pepper and some cumin and mix briefly. Taste it to see if you need to add salt. If so, do it :). Add a little water if you want.

I eat half of this with cruditées like celery, carrots, bell peppers, cucumber, raw broccoli or cauliflower. All crunchy veggies are good, I think 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.