Vacation

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Lindyw 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Survived 2 weeks of this plan, lost 3.5 pounds, stomach flatter, lost and inch around the belly button. Went on vacation, skipped 2 fasts, and I feel like I am starting over. So disappointed. Getting back on the wagon, but suffering today (first fast since vac.)… hungry!!

I am finding that I don’t trust my measurements of calories so I am leaning on Subway chopped salad (140 calories for the Club?!?) and pre-packaged things that have calories counts listed….Almost wish I could just totally fast, it would take the worry away!!

Glad to have found this forum!!

Oh, I guess I should say that I am not in the UK, my American accent might sneak out in my posts…!

Don’t be disheartened, Mitzmom, at least you’ve seen that the plan works for you. I am sure that by getting back on the wagon the pounds will soon start to fall away again. Just remember that this is a long-term way of eating, not a quick-fix diet, so you mustn’t beat yourself up about taking a break every now and then for holidays or weddings or whatever. Let us know how you get on with that first fast back after the holidays – I’ll be doing the same in two weeks time when I get back home! I might have to put a padlock on the kitchen door that first day back 🙂

I agree with StephB! I think you have to accept that there will be one or two setbacks after holidays. But I have proved to myself that if I get back on track, the weight soon starts to come off again, so I don’t worry about having a week off here or there. We are in it for the long haul.

Chin up Mitzmom!
    Think how long it took you to gain that extra weight and losing those extra pounds is not a race.
    We all love vacations and should not have to worry about gaining a few pounds, I recently enjoyed (to the full!)a cruise and yes I put on 6lbs but got back into the IF zone and it came off very quickly.
    This is a lifestyle for our health not just weight lost.
    Good luck.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.