Tummy troubles….

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  quizzle 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I have been on the fast diet doing 4:3 for 3 weeks now (fast day no.8) and I have noticed a big effect on my digestive system. It has never operated brilliantly (I have always had problems with being blocked up) but I had gotten much better in recent years. Having started FD, I am right back where I once was. On fast days its great – no bloating, no gas, no problem. But on feed days…oh dear. Its like my body cant cope with food. I had pasta last night and I had severe bloating, gas pains etc which have lasted long into today’s fast day. I also struggle to stay regular, I had to resort to pills last week to help. I am drinking loads more water than I would normally, although I struggle to make it to 2ltrs a day. I probably average about 1.5.1.75 ltrs, and I am trying my best to have a good veggie intake. But this is just miserable.

Has anyone had the same problem? Does anyone know any remedies or have any advice? Even some old wives tales or random home remedies!

Have you thought you might be wheat intolerant?
    Try substituting rice or potato for pasta and bread(I love pasta too, but my son who has suffered from Crohns disease has had flare ups if he overdoes wheat products and/or beer and lager).
    I think most of us feel better during and after a fast day and actually look forward to them.
    Perhaps after your next fast day, you could completely cut out the wheat products and stick to proteins and vegetables. Then the following day just add a small amount of carbs and see how it goes.
    Hope you can find a remedy for this quickly as it is miserable to feel so uncomfortable.
    🙂

Hi,
    I was doing 10in2 for a long time which means complete fasting each 2nd day (complete means nothing at all but water). I’ve developed severe tummy problems which lasted a long time (2-3 months). I had to learn that eating late and much carbs, sugars and fats may give me an unpleasant night.
    It got better after a while but never completely vanished even after changing back to more frequent eating and 5:2 fasting-style.

I guess since fasting also changes the intestinal bacteria composition it may cause more troubles with large loads of foods then. Take it as warning to change you diet. Try to avoid carbs late or stick to whole grain pasta if needed.

Q

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.