Triglycerides

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stef. 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Went on a 6 week diet very low in carbs (protein plus virtually unlimited veges) to lower my trigs from 12.1, lower blood sugars and some other markers. It was a great success – trigs down to 2.5 and all other markers greatly reduced.

Felt that this diet was unsustainable so went on to the 5:2. Found that i still tended to stay away from many of the foods that I was avoiding even on non-fasting days (no chocolate, deserts etc and limited bread, milk etc), and was generally eating less as my appetite had decreased.

Sadly after only 2 weeks on the 5:2, my trigs were back up to 9.1…. Very disappointed as my weight continued to drop, was exercising, felt great….

What’s going on?????

Muzz, I assume that you have recalculated your new TDE, which unfortunately has to be done each time you lose weight.

Perhaps you start a diary, writing down everything you eat? There are apps out there that help you to calculate your calorie intake. Myfitnesspal and LoseIt! being two of them.

You might see that over time you trigs go back down. With 5:2 in my humble opinion, it goes slower then with a carb reduced diet, but then 5:2 is easier to maintain, at least for me!

I think one has to realize that 5:2 is a slow but steady process and in my opinion in the long term a way of life that is easy to maintain. Crash diets have usually quick responses but then you might gain you weight back and even more rather quickly.

I hope you see some success soon! Merry Christmas.
    Stef.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.