Sugar Free Mints- yay or nay?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Top tips
Sugar Free Mints- yay or nay?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  lizard4mi 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Hi there, as the topic states, what is the view please on sugar free mints during fast days?

My own view is to avoid artificial sweeteners at all costs – there is a lot of compelling evidence as to why.

I would avoid snacking on Fast Days. I eat nothing until dinner. However, I cannot abide black coffee, so I sweeten my morning ration of coffee with chemicals. Down 13 pounds after nine weeks.

Thanks for your thoughts guys, I’m used to having my drinks sugarless but on fast days when I’m in meetings I sometimes wonder about the smell my mouth may be generating! Still…. Good to hear what you’re all thinking 🙂

Hi SueWR – I’d be really interested to find out more about the compelling evidence you mention (as I’m a bit of a diet tonic junkie), do you have any links to the research or could you point me in the right direction?

@suewr
    “there is a lot of compelling evidence as to why.”

I don’t think I want to know the “why” about mints.

It’s become a go to item that keeps my breath fresh & I don’t have to eat anything.

Works for me, so far.

Dont see any great problem with sugar free mints etc. If it gets you through the day. I suppose if you were eating bucket loads that might be a different matter.

If you are concerned about mouth freshness chew on a pinch of caraway or fennel seeds. Aniseed-y rather than minty but very effective. It is a common breath freshened in India.

1gr is approx 3cal but you will get several pinches/serves and you don’t have to swallow after chewing. However, these are both very good for digestion…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.