Stuck and frustrated

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  vanillarain 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi there. I’m new to the forum. I’ve been doing the fast diet for about 6 weeks now. The first two weeks I lost 2kg, but after that the scale just refuses to budge. I’m so frustrated and demotivated! I’ve read that you should measure, and I haven’t, but I can tell by my clothes I’m not losing cms either. The worst is, I feel like I am eating less and less on non-fast days too to try and compensate, and it still doesn’t work!

Has this happened to anyone else? I’m I doing it wrong?

I lost about 18 kgs previously on weight watchers, and I felt that was constantly eating when following that. I just don’t understand.

Admittedly, I haven’t been exercising due to a knee injury, but simply reducing calorie intake should have some effect at least, shouldn’t it?

Hope to find some inspiration and motivation here!

Hey Vanillarain!

Don’t give up!
    I lost 5lbs in week 1 then NOTHING for 5 weeks. I was close to giving up at that point but I decided to try 4:3 to see if it would help… and it did!
    After a week of 4:3 I lost 1lb and last week I lost 2lb! So that’s 8lb in 8 weeks which is the average loss for this diet.

I would recommend trying 4:3 as it really isn’t any harder than 5:2 – I find the 3rd fast day a breeze! It’s always Mondays that are hardest after a weekend of eating what I like.

Let me know how you get on!

Happy fasting!
    Amy x

Congrats on the weight loss, Amy! That is great! And thank you for the reply – it gives me hope!

I’m going to try it. So fed up with starving and not losing weight.

You may have reached a plateau because your metabolism has compensated for your calorie reduction, especially as you say you find yourself eating less and less on the non-fast days. I have followed 5:2 for ten months and dropped over 5-1/2 stones, so it does work. I have encountered plateaux only occasionally and I have soon broken through them.

My experience is that it is counter productive to cut back on the non-fast days – the body needs a good supply of food most of the time in order to keep the metabolism running. Moving to 4:3 may help, but be sure to take your full rations on the other days. I am not diabetic but I try to follow the advice given to those who are concerning glycemic index and glycemic load. I also find a low carb menu for fast days helps. The trick is, I think, to keep your body from producing too much insulin because insulin is the ‘fat’ hormone.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Hi and Welcome:

4 to 5 pounds in 6 weeks is about average. You are doing fine! Just keep doing 5:2 correctly and it will work.

This might help explain: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/really-no-weight-loss/

Good Luck!

Thank you PeterC and Simcoeluv! It does help and I feel motivated again this morning to just keep going! Can’t wait for my trousers to fall to the floor 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.