Struggling with weight loss

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Struggling with weight loss

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Kaptaings 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Advice…
    I work 5 days in a gatehouse, so work alone for 12+hrs a day, we get no breaks, can’t leave. In last year its got v quiet, to pass time we’d drink aalsorts, then you’d have snack. In the time period I gained alot, the other guys on opposite shifts got even bigger so am assuming they did the same as me.
    I saw myself…and was ashamed,
    Last 3 months decided to diet.
    No bread,
    Nothing at all with added sugar
    Then most stuff without sugar
    Now if it has sugar or sweetners in not allowed to eat.
    Only thing is natural honey bug dnt really like it.
    No cereals
    No potatoes
    Nothing fried, if I fry its coconut oil
    Mass salads as I grow my own stuff,
    Make sugar free coleslaw only have a bit
    Homemade mayo
    V little fruit, mostly melon
    Red meat and fish.
    No sweets,biscuits,crisps,Nothing sweet at all.
    I bought a treadmill, we have weights.
    Am 6ft 5 and not gonna lie Ive only lost 3stone(dnt know any other weight measurement)

I’m trying to do whatever I can at work, even if it’s only walking about. Home is the treadmill and what DIY needs doing.
    Also am a full time law student so also studying aswell which stops the weekends. I try walk instead of drive, we do hikes occasionally,
    I need to lose more, anyone got any ideas. I know fasting does help but as I’ve been advised not yet, I’ve been told I need to lose more before I’d be able to safely fast….
    Anyone got any suggestions on everything.

Hi Britishgoose01,

You are obviously already doing a lot – the only other obvious suggestion would be to try to minimise your intake of ultra processed foods (not easy because they are cheap and tasty, but very bad for your gut biome) and to try to have 30 different types of plant in your diet each week (plants include spices, herbs, beans, nuts, seeds, fruit and vegetables). I admit I struggle to get to 19 or 20, but I’m not keen on many vegetables.

For what it is worth I did the original 5:2 version of this diet for 10 years and lost over 2.5 stone in the first 6 months, which stayed lost. In addition, I then started following the Zoe diet guide as well about 18 months ago and have lost another 7lbs. When I started my BMI was 26.9, it’s now down at around 21.5 to 22.0.

Hope this may help, and the best of luck with it.

I want to note that the most important thing in terms of weight loss is the issue of nutrition. To do this, you need to develop a clear plan of what you want to achieve and then clearly define a diet.

Seconding the last comment! First of all, congratulations on all the things you’ve been able to achieve. But yes, fueling your body properly is crucial for weight loss. Consider checking out complete guides which will help you throughout your journey, like this one: https://listonic.com/meal-plans/en/complete-meal-plan-for-weight-loss

Good luck!

I went through a similar phase where I was stuck in a routine that led to weight gain. I found that adding small, manageable changes helped more than drastic overhauls. For me, incorporating short, frequent walks and simple home workouts made a big difference.

I also looked into various resources online, including https://goliathsteroids.com/ , just to see what was out there, but I found that focusing on consistency and small wins was more beneficial. Keep at it with your current routine, and maybe try tracking your progress with a fitness app or journal to stay motivated. You’re doing great, and every bit counts!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.