Struggling after a holiday

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Struggling after a holiday

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  2-Big Al 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I’ve been doing 5:2 since January and by the end of July I had lost 26 pounds. We went away for a two week cruise and I decided to try and have two weeks off from the plan but to try and watch what I was eating and drinking. I weighed myself after returning from holiday and I had put on 6 pounds. But now I seem to be slipping into old habits of eating too much and I haven’t managed a fast day since returning from holiday.
    Anyone else had the same problem of restarting 5:2 after a break from fasting ?
    I really don’t want to undo all I’ve achieved but I’m finding it really hard to get started again.

Hi 2-Big Al and congratulations on your weight loss so far. I’m pretty new to the 5:2 diet having only started at the end of June but all I can suggest is that you forgive yourself the gain and start again. Last year I tried this diet and my heart wasn’t in it, it took me gaining more weight and seeing pictures of myself (and cringing) to get me to do something about my weight. Try to remember why you started this weightloss journey, and do it one day at a time, you can fast for one day right?!….it’s only hunger and you can be in control. Make sure you’re busy, if you feel like you are gonna cave in and eat, go for a walk. If you are really struggling I find freezing grapes to be a great way to satisfy your hunger without adding lots of calories. sorry for rambling anyway, my main point is to try and remember your motivation 🙂 best of luck…you CAN do it 😀

Hi 2-Big:

What you describe is very common. Without knowing, I would guess if you think about it that you have been eating and drinking many more carbs than you were when you were on 5:2. Carbs cause you to gain quite a bit of water weight quickly, and you won’t lose it until you again restrict your carb intake (on 5:2, you have at least two days a week when you eat very few carbs).

Here are some informative threads about 5:2: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

You might check the ‘Warnings’ and ‘Easy On’ threads, and my posts on those threads.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the replies, I’ll check threads mentioned.
    Hi Up Tipp, thanks for the encouragement, I’m going to really try to get it under control again. Good luck with your 5:2 diet.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.