Starting Again

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pamton 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hello All. I’m 28/F and starting 5:2 again after a long hiatus. I successfully used 5:2 last summer and lost almost 15lbs. But through a plateau and winter I’ve managed to gain it back again. I’ve been counting my calories either successfully or not for the past 4 years. But I’ve gained weight again, but luckily, not nearly as much as I had lost before. I need to lose 15lbs. I don’t have a time frame, which is good, but want to look and feel better about myself. I’m going to Disney World again next fall and want to look good in my pictures. I looked like **** last time and the pictures haunt me to this day. I may need motivation from time to time, because I’ve plateaued before and want to be successful in my goal.
    Thanks for your support.

Hi epickrisjames,
    I’ve been doing the 5:2 diet now for 19 months and have lost just over 2 stone. I lost the weight fairly quickly at first and then it slowed and some months I have lost as little as 1lb but the weight has gone down steadily and I am now 8st 13lb and am happy with that although I wouldn’t mind losing a few more lbs. I am much older than you at 68 also female and have tried many times to lose weight, sometimes I have lost some and then put it back on and other times I haven’t managed to lose any weight at all. The best thing for me about this eating regime, I don’t think of it as a diet, is that I only have to think about what I am eating 2 days a week and the rest of the time I just eat what I fancy. I get weighed on Friday mornings after my fast day on Thursday. My other fast day is Monday. These are of course flexible and if there is any reason I can’t fast on those days I move forward or back a day. I have just got back from a 2 week cruise and have lost 2lb while I have been away so I am really pleased with that. I feel so much better since I lost the weighr and I go swimming and to the gym regularly now which I really enjoy. Good luck with your weight loss and don’t worry if you plateau, we all do but the weight starts to go again if we are patient.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.