Start Jan 2015 – help me lose my last 3 stone

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Start Jan 2015 – help me lose my last 3 stone

This topic contains 46 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  abop 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 47 posts - 1 through 47 (of 47 total)

• Hi everyone

I started the fast diet 9.1.15 to help me finish my weightloss journey. I have been losing weight since March 2nd 2013 – earlier this year I had lost 8.5 stones in total from a top weight of 23stone 9lbs. I have been fighting to maintain it with traditional methods of dieting, finding I had to live a pretty miserable life on very little food, which has led me to gradually put on 1.5 stones by Xmas 2014.

I would like to lose the remaining 3 stone to reach a target of having lost 10 stone in total.

Having dieted for such a long time the idea of the fast diet appealed a lot, allowing me to live slightly more normally from the diets that have got me this far. Having now read the book I am convinced that this is the way of life for me to get me to my goal, and more importantly maintain it.

Fingers crossed – here goes.

Starting weight post Xmas – 16 stone 8.6lbs
    Weight today – 16 stone 1.6lbs
    MINI GOAL – 14lbs by my birthday 25th April
    Lost so far – 7lbs.

Wish me luck and please say hello – I am going to be needing the motivation !

Congratulations on your weight loss so far! Amazing work.

I was always around the size 16 mark, but after uni I put on about a stone and then last year I fractured my foot and stopped my excercising (boxercise 2 x a week and 4 miles walking a day) I have put another stone and a half on since then.

According to my BMI I need to lose 7-9stone but I think I will aim for 4 stone first and then reevaluate.

How did you lose the 8.5 stone?

I am quite excited about the 5:2, I started Sunday and have done 2 fast days so far but going to try a 3rd on Friday before my weigh in Saturday. Hopefully this will help me lose a bit more.
    Also joining the gym with my other half to get back into exercise classes.

Starting Weight 18.5 stone
    Mini Goal : 16lbs by March 20th (Mums 50th)

You’ve already lost 7lbs since xmas! Well done!

Hi Mayfield

Thanks for your reply and support!

I am really pleased to have lost 7lbs since Xmas – this has been a combination of Diet Chef for a couple of weeks and then I moved over to 5:2 to continue.

Diet Chef is great but I can’t afford it at the moment and I find that I am cheating more and more with calorie restriction on every day of the week! i think it is just that I have been doing it so long that the “feeling hard done to” factor is creeping in.

I lost some of my weight initially using Diet Chef to modify my portion control – which was laughably out of control after the birth of my daughter, and then I carried on with simple calorie restriction to approx 1200 – 1400 cals a day. As I had so much weight to lose at the start, I found that so long as I stuck to my calories the weight just kept coming off quite easily until I reached 15 stone 2lbs (exactly 8.5 stone lost). Then I just couldn’t get past that plateau no matter what I seemed to try – for literally months…. one day (after a stomach bug so bad I couldn’t eat anything for days) I saw the dizzy heights of 15 stone 1lb – but this lasted a day!!! lol!

My mum told me about the 5:2 diet and after reading the book I am totally sold! I have never come across a more well researched way of living and it all just seems to make sense. So here I am – fast day today and feeling great. I sleep so well on a fast day (the opposite of everyone else it would seem) and seem to get on really well with the 500cal days, mainly by just plowing the fluids in. I think I may need to buy shares in andrex though as I am constantly plodding to the loo.

I would like to wish you all the luck in the world with your weight loss journey – believe me if I can do it – you can certainly do it. You just have to choose to change and be happy about it. Looking back at many years of failed diets now, i realise that I was always doing a “diet” because I felt i should, not because I wanted to.

Keep in touch – I would love to have a buddy in this…

Keep drinking the water!! LOL
    xxx

Struggling today! its my non fast day but am going out for dinner so trying to save as many calories for that but my office has got a massive box of chocolates and loads of fancy boxes of chocolate biscuits.

Torture as chocolate is definitely my weakness!

Found that after fasting Monday and Tuesday I couldn’t finish my breakfast yesterday and today whereas normally I would be scraping the bowl. Really happy to see that small difference in my eating habits so early on.

Nearly a full week on it now for you, hows it been?

xxx

Hi !!!

Stay strong on the chocolate !!! Our office is exactly the same all the time. There are always several types of “naughties” on the go at once. Like you say torture!!!

Just keep thinking of your yummy meal out and keep on filling your tum with drinks instead.

I am definitely finding my appetite is reduced today (non fast day) which is lovely. I also feel very “well” today. Can’t put my finger on what is different but I just feel happy and lighter in general. Very nice feeling !!

A week in (nearly) I am loving it. It suits me so much better than standard “dieting” I think I have found something (finally) that makes sense to me. I hope it’s not just new diet honeymoon !!

Hope you have a lovely meal tonight. Guilt free!!!

Speak soon xxx

Hey Lauraloo and Mayfield13 we’ll done on your losses so far, I weighed 18st6 a couple of years ago, my bmi was 40, I kept trying different diets but couldn’t stick to them for more than a couple of months before giving up and doing my best to then ruin all the good work I had done, I started 5:2 on September 28th weighing 15st13 after calorie counting for a few months before hand. I now weigh 13st12 (I did have 2 weeks off over Christmas when I put on 6lbs though oops!) and plan to carry on this way of eating forever, I have never been an active bunny but now find myself signing up for exercise classes and joining the gym. I have 34lbs to go until I hit my target of 11st6 and finally for the first time in 7 years be in my healthy weight range. Would love to join you guys on this thread whilst I work on the last 34lbs x

Wow amazing weight loss so far, well done! you are giving me hope as I am the same as your start weight.
    Are you still motivated on the 5:2 then? I am really happy with it at the moment but have always struggled to stick to something over a longer period of time.
    I have joined a gym with my partner so will be starting some classes next week which I am looking forward to. Hopefully that will help with the weightloss but mostly excited about have some sort of fitness again!
    Been struggling today but keeping reading different peoples posts on here have kept me motivated and on track.
    x

Hi abop!

You are doing so well!!! What an inspiration you are!

You both put me to shame on the exercise front. Other than running around after my very active 2 year old, I haven’t cracked the whole workout thing. I have a new treadmill sitting in the garage that I am studiously ignoring (shhhh don’t tell anyone!!). Must get my arse in gear and get going!!!

Abop keep us updated of your progress. The more the merrier!!!

Have a great day x

Yes mayfield13 I am still very motivated, I think I have got to the point where you really notice the weight coming off, literally everyone who knows me has said how well I am doing and they can really tell the difference, some people don’t even recognise me until they get up close! At first it’s hard, I would get to the point where I would loose a couple of stone and then give up because I couldn’t see a difference and generally felt I was putting in so much effort when I couldn’t see results, espeshially on other diets where I felt constantly restricted, on 5:2 I don’t feel restricted, I can have exactly what I want just in smaller portions. Plus my backache has completely gone and I had had that for 4 years and my skin is looking good along with other health benefits like more energy (I have a 1 year old and a 3 year old so I need all the extra energy I can get!). I’m just starting exercising for the first time since being at school but aware for the next month or so I might not loose as much as my body retains water around the torn muscles but it will still be coming off even if the scales don’t show it, what classes are you thinking if taking up Mayfair? I have started Jazzercise (which nearly killed me!) and Aquafit and then maybe a spin class.

Lauraloo I have had abit of a head start on you two, I am sure in 3 months time you guys will be able to post on here with similar success stories 🙂 x

Goal: reach 180lbs (12st12) by march 20th (spring)

28/09/14: 223lbs
    05/10/14: 216lbs (-7lb)
    12/10/14: 214lbs (-2lb)
    19/10/14: 212lbs (-2lb)
    26/10/14: 210lbs (-2lb)
    02/11/14: 207lbs (-3lb)
    09/11/14: 205lbs (-2lb)
    16/11/14: 203lbs (-2lb)
    23/11/14: 201lbs (-2lb)
    30/11/14: 200lbs (-1lb)
    07/12/14: 198lbs (-2lb)
    14/12/14: 196lbs (-2lb)

Two week break

04/01/15: 202lbs (+6lb oops!)
    11/01/15: 194lbs (-8lb wow)

Total loss: 29lb (14lbs until target-10 weeks left)

Hope you don’t mind me putting my weigh ins so far on here aswel, going to aim for a mini target of loosing a stone before spring x

Wow that consistency is brilliant!

I also have march 20th as my mini target as that is my mums 50th birthday, hopefully will fit into one of my old dresses for it. I would love to lose a stone to a stone and a half by then which I hope isn’t too optimistic if I stick to doing 3 fast days a week.

I used to do boxfit at a martial arts gym before I fractured my foot which I loved but could never walk the next day!

Joined Virgin Gyms though now with my partner and they do quite a range of classes, going to give Body Attack a try tonight and then try a few more next week. I have done aqaufit and spin in the past which I really enjoyed so hopefully they will run some of those too

I don’t think that’s too optimistic, there is someone on a fb group I’m on that I’m trying to explain to why loosing 1st3 in 3 weeks isn’t going to be achievable, a stone or even a stone and a half in 10 weeks sounds fine to me 🙂 sometimes I think this diet is sold as a quick fix fad diet and it’s not, it’s a wol and something you should be consistently loosing reasonably small amounts on x

Oh dear. Not a good day today. It’s a normal eating day (non fast) and I have picked rubbish all day. Why? I have no idea.

Somewhere in my brain something is going a bit wrong with being told, eat normally. Some wire in my brain is saying, quick eat! You won’t be able to tomorrow! I know that is really crooked thinking, especially as I actually don’t struggle and feel physically great on a fast day. I don’t know why I am sabotaging myself!

Learning for the day… Eating normally does not mean “eat like you will never see food again!!”

Naughty Laura! Shout at me please buddies!!!

Shouting at you here Lauraloo! LOL!

It’s a normal thing to think that you’ve got to gorge before fastingbut you’ll get in the right frame of mind after a few weeks or so. I too am starting again this month, I’ve lost half a stone last year but very silly, stopped following the FD and I’ve gained 9 lbs since May.

I want to lose 2 stone or a thereabouts (28 lbs) to get to my comfortable weight. I am muscley built so what I weighed when I was in my teens and 20’s growing up AINT gonna happen again! I’ve accepted that fact (turning 50 within in the next 2 years) I would not look good being too thin, plus more wrinkles would show, LOL!

I’ve got to plan & list my fasting day menu, that is going to keep me in check. I’ve always said, “if it aint on the list, it doesn’t get done!”. Good luck and I would like to check in on your forum posts.

Ah noo laura!!

Just think how you feel now about it for when your tempted next time.
    I know when I crave something rubbish after I eat it I feel worse even though for that 10 minutes it tasted so damn good!!
    I have been clinging to that all week. Went out to nandos Wednesday but pre planned what I was having that was still within my non fast day allowance (1500cal) and then last night I did the same when out for dinner with work all though I treated my self to some cocktails and went up to 2000.
    When everyone else was ordering pizzas and burgers I just kept picturing myself fitting into an old dress for my mum’s birthday.

Just been to the gym and on a fast day! Feel so great now, wasn’t in time for the class I wanted to go to so did treadmill, crosstrainer, rowing machine and then swim. Now headed home to make cauliflower rice which should be interesting.

Get back into the right mindset lauraloo as both of your journeys so far is what’s motivating me!!

Xx

It’s ok Lauraloo we all have days like this, once you get more comfortable and accustomed to fasting you will want to splurge like this less on eat days. I have found it has all just got generally easier as I have carried on, even though some days I do still have massive binges but they are definetly less often then before x

So weigh in this morning. . .

11lbs lost!!!

I know it’s mostly water and it will not be quite as dramatic next week but so happy to have such a good kickstart! !

Very happy bunny here!

Xx

Great going mayfield, your right it’s mainly water but still celebrate it! If your aiming for the stone and half in ten weeks you’re already halfway there in just week one, well done x

Wow may!!! That’s incredible. I bet you couldn’t believe your eyes when you saw that on the scale!

What an amazing start! You’ll be at your goal in no time ! X

Hello everyone! Hope it’s all right if I join you here 🙂

You sound like you’ve got everything under control, more or less – well done! 🙂

I actually started last year, lost a stone and a half, went off 5:2 when I moved out (I’m at uni) and gained back that stone and a half. Annoying. I have tried so many diets since my teens, but 5:2 seems to be the only way – and WOL – for me. So here I am – back again! 🙂

It’s my second fast day of the week and I could kill for something to eat. Went over by 100 after a 15k bike ride left me ravenous, so I’m just going to be pouring down the water. Boy, it’ll be a long night… 😉

Mayfield – those 11 lbs are amazing!!

Oh, I am exactly 17 stone as of my last weigh-in (last Sunday) so hopefully I will see some changes tomorrow morning! 🙂

All the best X

Goal: reach 180lbs (12st12) by march 20th (spring)

28/09/14: 223lbs
    05/10/14: 216lbs (-7lb)
    12/10/14: 214lbs (-2lb)
    19/10/14: 212lbs (-2lb)
    26/10/14: 210lbs (-2lb)
    02/11/14: 207lbs (-3lb)
    09/11/14: 205lbs (-2lb)
    16/11/14: 203lbs (-2lb)
    23/11/14: 201lbs (-2lb)
    30/11/14: 200lbs (-1lb)
    07/12/14: 198lbs (-2lb)
    14/12/14: 196lbs (-2lb)

Two week break

04/01/15: 202lbs (+6lb oops!)
    11/01/15: 194lbs (-8lb wow)
    18/01/15: 192lbs (-2lb)

Total loss: 31lbs (12lb until target-9 weeks left)

Feel like I have done really well this week, thought my weigh in would be affected by me taking up more exercise and my gosh do my muscles ache so they probably are retaining water and yet I have still managed to pull off my 2lb loss 🙂 looking forward to my takeaway later.

Allyfitgirl good luck for your weigh in today x

Hi allyfitgirl!

Of course you are welcome to join us!! The more the merrier! I hope your weigh in went well today!

Well done on successfully losing a stone and a half last year, you will be there again before you know it. Are you planning to use 6:1 to maintain?

Abop you weight loss is so consistent. What’s your secret. Do you stick to a set number if calories on non fast days?

Hope everyone is having a good day. I was so much more in control yesterday. I stuck to only eating at meal times and that seems to be the key for me. Snacking + me = face stuffing.
    Maybe I should stick that on the fridge. Lol.

Yes I do Lauraloo, I see loosing weight as a mathematical equation, so my tdee times 7 is about 17000 (though not if I use the calculator on here and set it to sedentary but when it is set to lightly active) to loose a pound of fat you need to be 3500 calories in deficit over the week, so to loose 2lb you need to have had 7000 less, so over my week I need to have around 10,000 calories to achieve my 2lb loss.
    Monday- fast day (500 cals)
    Tuesday- eat to bmr (1600)
    Wednesday-fast day (500)
    Thursday- eat to bmr (1600)
    Friday- fast day (500)
    Saturday-eat day, generally don’t count but probably have about 2600
    Sunday- eat day (2600)

I could set it out more evenly and only do 2 fasts but I like doing three in the week, it fits in well to my routine and also allows me to really splurge at weekends. I don’t stick to it rigidly I sometimes go 200-300 over on days in the week but somehow still achieve that 2lb loss. That all sounds a bit obsessive but I love statistics and numbers and maths and I use this plan as more of a guide than rules for me anyway. The 5:2 can be done and successfully loose weight without calorie counting and working it all out like that x

Wow thanks for sharing that abop. That is so helpful !!

I am going to adopt the same equation and see how that works for me. Like you say, it’s just maths at the end of the day. I like how you leave yourself feed days at the weekend, that definitely appeals as I find fast days and lower calorie days to be easier in the week.

If I can achieve the same consistency as you have I will be over the moon.

Thanks again.
    Laura

Hi again.

Went off to work out my numbers based on abop’s plan.

TDEE = 2128
    X7 days = 14,896
    Remove the 7000 cals deficit for 2lbs loss
    Leaves 7896 cals.

Mon = 500 cals
    Tues = 1500 cals
    Wed = 500 cals
    Thurs = 1500 cals
    Fri = 500 cals
    Sat = 1700 cals
    Sun = 1700 cals

How does that look Abop?

Lauraloo and Abop – thank you! 🙂 I decided not to weigh today as I messed up yesterday’s fast by 1000 cals very close to bedtime (whoops) and did my fast today instead. 513 = whee! The kitchen is now closed and I am almost off to bed as I am now faced with the prospect of going the gym at 8:30 am and reckon I need my beauty sleep! 😉 Will weigh tomorrow.

I love how mathematical (and successful!) you both are re. your weight and so on – maybe I ought to look into that myself. Do you find it helps to have rather strict limits on non-FDs as well? 🙂 (although you say you don’t get too obsessive, for that you get massive kudos!)

Thanks Lauraloo!! I hope so – I am aiming to shift roughly 4 stones. But I am rubbish at scales and stones and pounds. I do love measurements (or maybe that is me getting a bit too excited) and I am currently 35″ in my waist which I want to change to circa 30″. I took some before photos on 4 January, excited to compare in a month’s time. 😉
    I definitely plan on 6:1 for maintenance – not least because of the health benefits. How about you?

How much do you want to lose, L? And you, Abop? I saw 180 lbs somewhere – is that your final goal? 🙂 (Sorry if you already said!!!)

Hope today went well for you all xx

No Allyfitgirl my final goal is 160, so 32lbs (2st4lbs) away, will bring me just into the healthy bmi range, and the beauty of this woe is there is no guilt that after one unsuccessful fast you have ruined the whole diet, you can simply swap it to another day, and I don’t know, some days I guess I find it helpful to have limits but then you have to be able to relax some of the time aswel. Hope you enjoy your gym session, after years of thinking I hate exercise I am actually surprised to say I have been enjoying my workouts, really feel those after workout endorphins flying around 🙂

Lauraloo is that with your activity level set to sedentary, I would personally try it with activity level set to lightly active to start with and see how you go with that, just so you don’t feel too restricted and then if you don’t loose weight as quickly as you would like then you can adjust it accordingly, x

Hey Ladies

Abop that equation looks so useful! will give it a go. Congrats on this week as well, you must be so happy being so consistent every week!

Allyfitgirl your weight loss last year is amazing, if you’ve done it once it must be motivating to know you can do it.

I had horrendous stomach cramps all day Saturday and just wanted comfort food, my boyfriend went and bought me a pack of the giant caramel snackajacks and a box of special K chocolate breakfast bars. Laid in bed all day watching movies and munching my way through it all but stayed within 2000 calories for the day so at least I know I can still binge on bad days as long as I choose the right stuff to binge on!

I’m fasting 3 days in a row now as going to work a big sale for my company in central London weds-fri where they are putting loads of food on for us and then my mum is coming to visit at the weekend so will be eating out. That will leave me non fasting Wednesday to Sunday which I’m worried I’m going to get out of the swing of things, just going to have to be strict on myself while I’m with work I think.

Good luck for the week ladies

xx

Hi AllyfitGirl
    Well done on getting straight back on the fast the following day!! Something I have definitely struggled with in the past is going off the reservation after a tiny lapse. I find it really useful to have this forum to sort my head out these days. I am planning on losing 35 lbs in total which will still mean I am not in the healthy range but I will have lost 10 stone overall from my highest weight in March 2013. I will reassess when I get there but I think that is where I want to be. I have set a mini goal to lose the first stone by my birthday April 25th.

Abop – you are right I had based my TDEE on sedentary – my figures are very similar to yours on lightly active so will stick to a similar schedule for the week to you now I have adjusted it. I hadn’t read the breakdown of what they consider sedentary, and if I am honest, I do move a fair bit more than that so hopefully this will work for me the same way it has worked for you.

Mayfield – ouch 3 fasts in a row. That is hardcore! I hope that goes well for you – I would be interested to see if each day consecutively fasting gets progressively easier or harder as I have wondered whether getting them out of the way at the start of the week when i am working would be better for me. I am sure you won’t get out of the swing of things by having 4 days of non fasting, you seem to be more than in the mindset already!

Right off to have another black coffee – fast day today!
    Have a lovely day
    x

Hello all!

Abop, I agree re that post workout feeling! I always feel invincible! 😉 Sadly couldn’t go to the gym today as I slipped down my winding staircase last night and messed up my toe or forefoot or whatever you can call it. It involves my big toe and some of the surrounding area. Hurts when I walk and I may have to take it to a doctor. 🙁

However, 32 pounds sounds doable!! And yes, I love the flexibility we have… and that we can, as you say, be guilt-free! It is glorious! 🙂

Thanks Mayfield! Hope to triple it this time and have it stay off! 😉 your 3 day fast sounds challenging but immense kudos! Hope you make it through unscathed 😉

Lauraloo, wow almost 10 stone! Well done! :O you can’t see, but my jaw is hovering just above floor level. I can only imagine my aunt who’s dropped about 5 stone and the almost ridiculous transformation in her – so 10 stone… You must feel somewhat like a whole new person even if you haven’t reached the full 10 yet. Amazing.

I weighed this morning and… I lost just over half a pound! Haha. Oh well. Perhaps I haven’t been drinking enough. But almost 1 cm down in my waist and almost an inch around my belly button, so I am happy 🙂

Ridiculous day today filled with children, cake and madness so I will now go prepare my salmon for dinner and try not to eat all the sweets in my house. Can’t promise anything!

Have a lovely fast, all of you. I seem to be the only one not fasting today if I’m correct.

Have a lovely evening xx

Just by the by – when you say “pound” do you mean metric pound or US pound? xx

Hi there

Hope you don’t mind if I join too! Am planning to start 5.2 on Monday and have been reading through the forum and this is my favourite one!

You’re all truly inspiring – am feeling very motivated right now, having through all of your stories. It’s great.

Like everybody else, I’ve a great history of yo-yo dieting, but am currently at my heaviest ever, so need to take some action. Am planning to start this on Monday and have also signed up for Aqua-aerobics, starting tomorrow night – so hopefully will be on the right track.

I’m 15 stone 3 lbs according to this morning’s scales and need to lose about 5 stone – just writing this is panicking me with the prospect of what lies ahead, but I’m determined to try this and to really commit to it for an initial 6 weeks, and hopefully by that stage, I’ll be seeing results, which will motivate me to keep going.

Great reading all of your posts – really motivational.

Welcome Cath!! Oh you are sweet, I do hope you’ll enjoy joining us here.
    Good on you for deciding to start 5:2’ing. I know it’s a cliche, but take one day at a time – don’t worry about all 5 stone – take it in steps. That’s my plan, at least. I’m aiming for 4 stone and have my first goal of 1 stone for about a month from now.
    The first 4-6 weeks are the toughest in my experience, but after that it has the potential to become second nature 🙂
    Also, if you do a bit of exercise you might see some stalling in weight loss due to water retention and muscles etc, but don’t get discouraged! Try taking your measurements on Sunday and take them again the following Sunday. I find measurements to be more reliable.
    Good luck, Cath, and don’t get too frustrated if you mess up on a fast day – you can just do it the following day. That’s to say – don’t get frustrated either if you mess up on a non-fast day! (I do both constantly!!) Be kind to yourself – everything’s not going to change in one day 🙂

Hope everyone is doing well. I have been having trouble fitting in my fast days due to dinners and meetings this week but have been doing loads of 16:8. So at least a bit of fasting has been into play. Tomorrow will be a proper 5:2 fast day 😉

Happy fasting xx

Thanks allyfitgirl.

Well, I did it – had my first fast day yesterday, and lived to tell the tale! Found it hard enough and was very tired from mid afternoon on, but resisted the temptation to postpone it. Feeling great today – full of energy, although I did have an extreme bowel movement this morning – enough said.

I think a mini-goal might be a good idea – seems less daunting than the whole lot.

Will keep you posted. Good luck to everyone

Hi I would like to say well done on losing all that weight, I have been over weight most of my life and tried so many diet, have lost a bit and then put more back one.
    this is my first week on the 5.2 diet my starting weight was 16st 7lb I have just weighed myself and I am today 15st 8lb, but I have struggled with the two fast days, how do you cope?

Wow, well done Cath! Thought you meant to start Monday – awesome that you pre-started 😉 Yes, a mini goal might be the way to go 🙂

Ayee, well done – and did you really lose a stone in a week?! Oh my word! :-O

I agree that the fast days can be a bit of a struggle. I find that eating anything at all in the morning or afternoon triggers my appetite and I find it hard to suppress the growl, unease etc. It’s as if I’m waking the beast! 😉 therefore I normally just have a 500 cal supper consisting of fish and veggies plus lots of water and tea, and that tides me over.

However, today I am experimenting with not eating at all. I have only had half a cup of coffee (instant and very bitter so couldn’t finish), and need to drink some more water (!) now that I think about it. The longest amount of time I’ve fasted has been 36 hours – wonder if I’ll beat that this time? 😉 we’ll see. Was hungry this morning (hunger woke me up) which I think was abstinence hunger from eating a bunch of crap yesterday (homemade vegan cupcakes and cheese) so I ignored it and slept another two hours! 😉
    Anyway, the point to my rambling is that I do better on FDs without food. It’s like engines are off and my mind and body can relax and take a nap from thinking about food, eating food and regretting food. Haha. So experiment with your fasting and see what works.
    How have you done the fast days so far? 🙂

A xx

Hi Ayee and Cath congrats on everything so far!

I put on 1lb last week which I did expect as I was away with work and all food was provided so although I didn’t go crazy, the actual food that was provided wasn’t the healthiest.
    Also the 3 fast days in a row did not work! By 3rd day evening I was so hungry and ended up snacking and going over 500. At least I have learnt not to do 3 in a row.

Back on it now fasting today tomorrow and Thursday but I am full of cold and all I want is comfort food!

Going to the gym tonight for a pump class followed by aquafit, felt brilliant after doing that on my fast day last week but it has taken me a week to recover!

Good luck for the week ladies

xx

Yikes – I couldn’t even contemplate doing 3 fast days in a row! Well done for trying. Fast day no 2 today and have had nothing so far except coffee – seems like the way to go. Have had no hunger pangs yet, compared to last Friday, when I did have breakfast, and was very hungry all day. Have also been very busy, which helps.

Good news though is that I seem to have lost 3lbs. Resisted the temptation to weigh myself after first fast and said I’d only weigh myself once a week, but couldn’t resist it yesterday morning – was stunned. Stepped up and down on the scales a few times to make sure it wasn’t an illusion! Delighted.

Good luck to all the fast-ees this week 🙂

Hi Mayfield and everyone,

Too bad you didn’t manage all three! But hey, good to hear you’re not discouraged 😉 The 1 pound is probably just a little water weight from eating differently at work – it will come off quickly, I’m sure.
    How does aquafit work?? Am very intrigued! 🙂

Hey Cath, good to hear you’re going strong! Congrats on the 3 pounds! 😀

Completed my fasts Mon and Wednesday, so all done for the week! It’s been a weird one so far; yesterday I spent working (I clean a 200 square metre house once a week) and working out with my best friend, which was nice. I then walked the 5.5 km home from the gym, and burned 1100 calories in total (excluding the cleaning, even!) Wow. Fell asleep immediately after having a shower at 5:30, woke at 11 pm and had my dinner… then couldn’t get back to sleep. Annoying. So I’m a bit mixed up in the days right now.

Also found out through my Dad that we’ve lost his uncle to cancer, and I’m not able to go to his funeral because I found out so late which is quite upsetting.

Forgot to measure before breakfast this morning, so will do it tomorrow. I think I’ve lost some – can tell in my face. Considering doing another fast on Sat or Sunday.

Hope you’re having a good week out there x

Hey everyone, just wanted to share some news! I was a little disappointed of not seeing any visible change the first two weeks, so after my third week I got greedy and decided to humiliate myself with my fatshaming pants… THEY’RE UP!!!! cant really wear them if I want to breath or sit, but 4 weeks ago I couldnt get them over my knees… Hope I can make it to my hubby’s bday in 6 months with these torture pants I’ve kept so long and NEVER worn.!!! Hang in there everyone!! I’ve lost almost 6 pounds in 3 weeks but still have about 10 to 15 to go!

Linonchis, huge congrats 😀 I am certain you will be able to slip those trousers on with ease in six months 🙂

Onwards and downwards as they say! x

Well done Linonchis! that must have felt great to get them up!

I was ill last week, full of cold and was off work for 2 days which I spent in bed. Didn’t know what to expect on weigh in day as I barely ate during the days but ate more than a fast day in the evening.

Turns out I lost 6lbs! fell I may put a bit back on this week as I was ill and not eating normally so don’t really want to count it until this weeks weigh in.

If it sticks and I keep it off this week I will have lost 16lbs to date and this is my 4th week.

Went back to the Pump and Aquafit class last week which hurt that little bit less. Aqua fit you have foam dumbells which are weightless out of water but crazy under water. they had us lying on our fronts doing press-ups through the water on them and doing various other excercises. It really was great fun and an hour lesson burns 575 calories!

I have a lot on this week so think I’ll only be able to fit in 2 fast days but we will see.

Sorry to hear about your loss Allyfitgirl, hope you’re ok.

Good luck everyone for the week
    xx

Hello. Is there room for a ( not so ) little one here. I also want to lose about 3stone but haven’t put a date on it. I started the Fast plan 2 weeks ago and have already lost 7lbs. I’m also doing this for the other health benefits though as there’s cancer and diabetes in the family. I’m alternating between 5:2 and 4:3 depending on what’s happening in the week.
    The Fast days are going by fairly easily but the normal days are the problem. I have three small meals but feel far hungrier on these days than on Fast days. It’s a struggle not to overeat and pig out on these days.
    I’ve started doing a bit more walking and yesterday I walked to the shop that is half a mile away rather than the one round the corner. I’m aiming to do this more regularly, preferably daily if the Welsh weather will allow.
    Have a good week all
    Love and hugs Gina xxx

Hello druidquilter,

I am starting this FD again, haven’t been so faithful though in past couple of weeks. Getting the cobwebs out of my head by walking at least 20 min brisk a day. If I miss a day I make up a little extra the following day. Fast days are easy for me but like most people I supposed you have to get the ‘mind set’. Good luck to the both of us and everyone else…I’m looking at 2+ stone to lose, hopefully by the years end. I’m also gearing up for doing races again this year(5K’s/10K’s) and right now I’m too heavy on the ol’ bones and joints! Take care all…x

Hello, I’ve enjoyed reading all of your posts and hope you don’t mind if I join you here. I’ve also got a lot of weight to lose and I’m finding it quite inspiring reading your posts from the perspective of being well underway with most of your journeys.

I started out the heaviest I’ve ever been at the start of last week (140.4kg – 22st 1lb) and had a bit of a wake up call when my GP said I was eligible for gastic banding and to think seriously about it. If at all possible, I’d rather not go down this route given the risks of surgery and having to commit to a very very restricted diet for the rest of my life. He said that either way I’d have to lose some weight first and gave me a target of 14kg (i.e. 10%) to be achieved by July. I feel like I could be a bit more ambitious than that though and if I can adopt this as a way of life to keep going.

I started out last week and did one good fast day and the other that went out of the window when plans changed and I ended up at Wagamama! Even so, I weighed myself on Sunday and had lost 4kg (8lbs), which I was really chuffed with even if it wasn’t entirely deserved! I’m on my second fast day of this week and have been pleasantly surprised that I haven’t found it as tough as I expected. I am considering skipping the small lunch I’ve been having and either having one small meal or nothing on fast days. However, while I’m still loosing decent amounts I’ll stick with what I’m doing and maybe make the changes if and when I hit a plateau to get things moving again!

I’ve made myself a spreadsheet showing target weight (i.e. 10% lost) and then I’ll set another 10% target and so on until I get to a weight roughly in the middle of my ideal, BMI wise.

I hope this isn’t too personal a question but for those of you who’ve lost larger amounts – what has been your experience with excess skin? I’ve been overweight since childhood and am worried that I won’t ‘shrink back’ as it were!

Hi all, May I tag along, hugely inspired. Into fourth week and half a stone down, all lost this week. never lost even this much before – only ever been upwards.

Was really interested in esjaypee’s question, regarding skin. I’ve got flabby skin at the moment.

Also have problems with water on the knee, both knees, I think my thighs are a large as my waist. Scary – want to lose some weight before I see a doctor, I’m hoping weigh loss will alleviate symptoms, swollen ankles as well as knees. Great to find a mix of people who are both starters and betweeners, perhaps with some of the issues I have.

Thanks for reading

Hey I don’t know how many of you are here still but I am back 🙂 I slipped on ice at the beginning of February and broke my arm so all exercise and really all dieting went out the window, my arm got better weeks ago and I have just plucked up the courage to step on the scales even if it is afternoon and I usually weigh in the morning and have only put on 4lbs which I am quite chuffed with as was very out of control. Doing my first fast tomorrow since early February and dreading it but know that once I get into fasting again all will be well. Hope everyone else has stuck to plan and done better than me 🙂 will check in with my weigh in next Friday 🙂 x

Viewing 47 posts - 1 through 47 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply.