stagnant weight loss

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TracyJ 9 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anyone else find they lost weight in first few weeks, now stuck and can’t seem to shift any more.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks

My suspicion would be that you started off better behaved on both your fast and non-fast days so were eating less calories than you burned and losing weight. As your weight drops you need to eat less calories anyway but as a diet progresses we tend to relax and go back to eating a bit more. It only takes a 100kcal a day more and boom no weight loss. I’d track diligently and honestly with weighing of food and see where you are eating too much.

Thanks. Think the issue is I don’t have any control over what I eat in evenings when not fasting as boyfriend cooks then due to me not getting in till really late. I have tried to give him recipes but because he is against me being on diet will add ingredients.

Hi Sue,

Sorry to hear your boyfriend is trying to sabotage your attempts to become healthier. Not very supportive. Has he seen the Horizon programme or read the book? It might help him understand what you’re doing?

If he will tell you what he has prepared/ added you could have a guesstimate at calorie content. However, I lost weight without calorie counting so maybe you can too…

If you don’t know calorie content, you will have to exercise control/ mindful eating and just eat less of whatever it is he has cooked. If you eat smaller portions and/or reduce refined carbohydrate (bread, pasta, rice, maybe also cut down on potato…) then you should reap the rewards of this way of life despite boyfriend’s efforts to undermine you…

Good luck!

Thanks Happy Now.

We both watched the Horizon program which is where I heard of this diet. Tried everything else and not worked, so thought give it a go. This week I have actually lost weight 🙂 First for a long time.
    Bread is definitely my downfall really enjoy making my own bread. Think boyfriend not trying to deliberately sabotage me, just he has stayed same weight since teenager eating whatever he likes and doesn’t understand not everyone is the same.
    As for exercise, I regularly attend the gym, do archery, gardening and swim. Also try and walk when can instead of using car. Main problem is I have a desk job, so sat down for most of day.

Thanks for the support from everyone. Cheers me up and keeps me going 🙂

A desk job is no barrier. Do your TDEE calculation correctly and you should be fine. I didn’t change a thing about my exercise for the frst 18 months on 5:2, during which time I lost 3.5 stone. Later on I joined a gym and my losses came to a screeching halt. I’ve toned up a bit now so I’ve binned the gym for a few months to see if I can get going with some more losses. It’s the ‘diet’ that does the trick. Extra exercise is a nice-to-have for fitness for me, some find it helps them lose quicker but they’re obviously built VERY differently to me.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.