Spiritual & Social Perspective

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Personal stories
Spiritual & Social Perspective

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ferna 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I’ve found that in addition to the health and weight benefits, doing 5:2 fasting has provided a spiritual and social perspective on eating. About 14-15% of the world’s population, or 850-950 million people are hungry. When I feel mild hunger pangs on a fast day it reminds me of the millions of my brothers and sisters around the world are hungry because they have no other option. For them, 500 calories constitutes a feast. I consider my occasional, slightly inconvenient hunger as a mindful sacrifice and a loving prayer to those who fast not as a choice but as a consequence of poverty.

Thank you, Pixie_Pie1, for bringing that perspective to mind. The statistics are very sobering. 500 calories, a feast! With best wishes.

Very good point Pixie_Pie1. I will think of this when the hunger pangs. It is so unfair that we struggle with too much to eat and denying ourselves when so many have so little.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.