Should I stop eating bread, rice, pasta and potatoes?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Should I stop eating bread, rice, pasta and potatoes?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Kirstya86 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Hi! I was wondering if I should stop eating potatoes, pasta, bread,rice except from when I have cheat day? I also do the alternative fasting but I think eating bread, pasta, potatoes and rice is the reason why I haven’t lost weight. Instead I thought I replaced them by eating a lot of meat and vegatables,fruit and oatmeal. Does this sound like a good idea?

Hi Lily i think just cutting down on these things will help a lot there is no need to stop eating them at all just in moderation. I still allow myself all these things but a far smaller pirtion than i used to eat. Cutting them out completely might lead to a binge or could make it harder to maintain in the long run. I have finished my 3rd week of 5:2 and lost 11lb and still have carbs just not as much as i used to. Hope this helps 🙂

Okey but how often do you eat it, everyday ? That’s great. 🙂 congratulations on your weightloss! 🙂

On fast days no carbs but i have a small portion with dinner every non fast day. One day a brown bread roll with a chicken breast and salad another day some noodles with a stirfry on sunday i have potatoes but i have swapped creamy mash for baby new potatoes. On 5:2 no food is forbidden its not a low carb diet you can enjoy these things in moderation but this is just me there is no right or wrong way to do it everybody is different just modify it to suit you 🙂

I meant to ask have you worked out your TDEE??

Well My tdee depends how much exercise I do. If I exercise normally which is at least 3 times/week Then it’s 2520 kcal but to lose weight -500 kcal so it’s 2020 kcal. If I only exercise about 1-3 times it’s 2230 kcal and have to eat 1730 to lose weight. I don’t exercise as much every week 🙂

Your TDEE sounds very high. Altho im not saying its wrong if you have worked it out. Im 28 and 5ft3 starting weight was 11stone4lb. I would say im lightly active i walk everywhere and im a busy mum but i chose to work out my TDEE with the lowest activity level so my TDEE is 1660cals. I rather eat this much tho i average around 1300 on non fast days

Okey I thought about my tdee and I thought I should change it to 1730 kcal which is my tdee with the lowest activity level.

on my fast days i normally make some egg fried rice with chicken all measured out to be under 500 cal is this wrong should i not as many carbs just i feel this fills me up more.

Lilylou thats fine as long as your within your 500cals. Its my personal choice not to have carbs on fast days 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply.